Chapter 15- Promoted

Mia's pov

"Okay, so after three months, these wounds should be fully healed. You'll be strong again." The nurse clipped the last pin on the bandage.

We were at the hospital for the weekly bandage change. Thanks to the medication, Papas wounds were healing pretty fast. The therapist responsible for Papa's mental wellness would also commence sessions with him soon.

"Then after your wounds are healed, we can get you the prosthetic."

"Thank you Amber." Papa stated gratefully.

"Yes, thank you." I smiled at her and pressed my lips to Papa's head.

"Okay so we're done. See you next week." She gathered her aid kits and left.

Out of the hospital, we hauled a cab to transport us back to the apartment. As we neared, I noticed there was a white SUV parked directly infront of the apartment.

The cab parked right behind the car and I helped Papa into his wheelchair, secretly wondering why an unknown car would park right in front of our apartment.

"Mia." Alan's voice called out to me. I wouldn't have missed it even if I were in a noisy crowd of people.

I spun and drowned in the smile that settled across his lips.

"Mr North." He curtsied and Papa gave him a small smile.

I let go off Papa and hugged him. "Hey, Let me get Papa inside."

"Sure, I'll be here."

"Or you can come in?"

"No, I'll wait."

I pecked his cheek and proceeded to take Papa to the living room. Papa used the opportunity to steal taunting glances at me and pull my legs.

"Papa, please don't start."

"What? I haven't said anything Mia." He flashed out his eyes in dismay.

"I can see from your eyes, Papa."

He had made that a habit, goading me since the first time he met Alan and that was the day Alan had brought me home. Papa had made it his mission to torture and razz innumerous times over the fact that I was dating my boss.

"You're just so nervous around him."

"Papa!" I shrieked."I just like him a lot."

"I know. I'm glad you found someone, and that someone is your boss." He laughed.

I sighed and shook my head. "Let me see him now."

"Sure thing, Mia."

I ran out of the apartment and saw him leaning against his car. All handsome. Ever so formal.