Chapter 33- Concern

Mia's POV.

Today was a Sunday. Outside had an unexpected writing of large pillows of clouds in the sky. According to our trusted weather forecasters, it wouldn't rain for another fortnight but the skies wouldn't lie. I didn't like being caught in the rain, however it was fun to sit inside and watch the raindrops beat the hard crusty ground. Now all we had to do was wait for the beads of rains to knock on our doors and window pane.

It was six pm and I was here with my family. After a hearty dinner of vegetable fried rice and fillet fish sauce, we were stuffed. That dish was one of the most delicious recipes I'd ever tried. Thanks to Jane who taught me.

"Won't you join us?" Jay set the card down and pivoted his gaze at me. I shook my head for the six thousandth time since they started with the monopoly. It was boring playing with Papa and Jay wouldn't stop asking me.

"I'm watching Open Season." I said, thankful the title of the cartoon had flashed on the screen just then. Of course, I wasn't watching it, I didn't want to be engaged in any game.

A soft knock appeared on the door. If it had started raining, I'd assumed it was the rain but it wasn't. Who would also be knocking on someone's door at this ungodly hour?

"Someone's at the door." Jay stated the obvious. I hopped from my seat and begrudgingly went to open the door.

Girl, you're dead. it's Alaric.

No, it's not. just shut up!

The annoying chime of a voice whispered in my ear. My heart started to pound in my chest and I hesitated on opening the door. The knock came on the door again.

"Open the door, Mia." Papa and Jay yelled at me in unison.

"I'm coming. My ankle jerked." I gave them a half glare and yanked the door open to reveal my greatest nightmare.

Alaric Starvnos.

"Hey." He said, with a dimpled smile that almost threw me offguard. Did Alaric Starvnos just smile at me, Mia North or had he been granted with the amnesia I so desperately yearned to have?

"What are you doing here?" I asked while closing the door on him. I didn't want Jay to spot him, only heaven knew the kind of bromance reunion they would have.

"Alaric!!" Jay's voice came out so cheerfully, I couldn't defy the smile that marked the corners of my lips. He'd really grown fond of Alaric. I wondered if Alaric was just equally as fond of him.

"Guess my reason is obvious now." He bent down and whispered in my ear. That made my stomach flip and I began to feel hot all of a sudden.

Shake it off.

Who'd have thought Alaric would show his face after what panned out? But then it was Alaric. Full of surprises. Then again, let's face the fact that, we were adults and that was just a kiss. If we were talking now without feeling awkward whatsoever, then I guessed that slip had become water under the bridge.