90: Last Battle Between Real and Fake

Start from the beginning

"Are you going to let them go... or are you going to fight?" seryoso at napakalalim ng boses ni Caerus no'ng tanungin n'ya ang magkakapatid. Tito Skyler and Tita Annicka were crying silently on the side watching their children.

"How cruel..." Cleon mentioned gasping for air. His voice sounded scratchy but powerful.

"Welcome to the Empire," Caerus retorted firmly with a small grin on one side of his lips. His eyes not faltering from gazing at the Senses. The Senses couldn't even move from the pressure they were feeling from Caerus.

"I will fight..." Art suddenly mentioned as she stepped forward to get the gun on her pockets. Walang-alinlangan n'yang itinutok 'yon sa mga kalaban na nasa unahan n'ya.

"No more tears for the princess, huh?" mahinang bulong ko habang may maliit na ngisi sa labi. Although she was showing her dark and unforgiving aura. I knew that inside her, it was taking everything in her to stay that way.

Among the Morbelques she was sure the one who was hurt the most. Tinitingala n'ya si Tito Skyler. She accepted who she was with her whole identity and heart. She was proud and she wanted the Mortem to ignite its long-lost fire. Now... that she discovered the truth it would make her feel so broken, ashamed, and it was like all the things that she was believing in was crumbling down.

"I will... fight..." Theon also went a step forward with his dark eyes. Ready to take down the enemies with his will power. He looked desperate and determined to do what he could to make sure that the Senses would go down.

Theon, the one who couldn't accept their name, was hurt. But not as hurt as Art. Because almost until the end, he kept denying his name. And now, that it was revealed, he might be in pain, but at most, he would be relieved because now... he had to reason to accept nor make that name become his identity.

"I will... fight," Cleon declared with a deep powerful voice. It wasn't like a statement, those words seemed like it was rooted to be an act. He was not going to go empty handed, I was sure, he'd do everything to achieve his goal.

Cleon like Art acted like a Morbelque, but also like Theon denied the meaning of that name. Nasaktan din s'ya dahil sa nalaman, pero alam kong imbis na magalit sa nalaman at ibuhos 'yon sa magulang n'ya, ilalabas n'ya ang galit na 'yon sa ibang paraan.

"I will... fight... and I will destroy you."

Mas lalong lumawak ang ngisi ko sa labi dahil sa narinig mula kay Cleon at ang itim na itim nitong mga mata at awra habang nakatitig sa Senses. I suddenly felt goosebumps creeping in my skin because of how firm and sinister it sounded.

"We will destroy the Mortem," Art and Theon declared as they started to look more confident now about the decision they came up with the short amount of time.

I saw how Tito Skyler looked dark but proud because of the words that came out of the mouths of his children. I knew Tito would be so heartbroken if they would insist to take it back from the dead. The name Morbelque will remain, but that would be solely it. No meaning, and no mortem connected to it.

"Then... it would be a pleasure to help you destroy them..." nakangisi at halos mahinang tawa ni Caerus ang kumawala sa lugar, at mapangutyang tiningnan ang Senses.

I saw how the Senses eyes darkened as they looked so irritated with the decision that they had heard from the real Morbelques. They looked so disappointed in them.

"Cowards," angil ni Alain sa kanila, kaya naman inilagay ni Caerus ang blade ng hawak n'yang espada sa ibaba ng baba ni Alain, at itinaas ito nang bahagya, para itaas ni Alain ang ulo n'ya nang kaunti.