102: Empress of Eviralle

Hi! Tagal na nito sa draft ko last year pa 'to. Hahaha. I just updated this cuz it's my birthday.

Anyways, still have a writer's block about this story. But here you go! Just a little gift from me! Have a nice day! ♥️

***

#TCS102: Empress of Eviralle

"WHO are you...?" The Tinsel Saude's voice was full of question and his eyes gazed at Akakios like he was trying to read where his soul came from. Akakios didn't say anything back and just stared at him blankly while the rain was pouring.

"Does it matter?" Akakios's soft voice echoed with the drops of the sky's tears while carrying a dead body. Tinsel wasn't moving from where he was standing and I watched his every movement. He looked like he couldn't believe what he was seeing.

I followed Akakios and helped the people in cleaning the place and making sure that people who died tonight were handled in properly. Naging mahaba at puno ng hinagpis ang gabing 'yon. There was that eerie silence again within everyone, but unlike before this silence was more solid—it was like a decided silence.

Everyone decided to work and they all prepared flowers to make it the bed of those who lost their lives. We put them in line at the top of the hill near the church. My heart felt so heavy doing all of it. Just seeing the dead was taking everything in me.

Ni hindi ko magawang puntahan kung nasaan sina Jessette, Precious at Gil. There was that voice in me that wanted to believe that they weren't dead, that they were going to greet me when the sun rises, but deep in my heart I knew that was a futile thought.

Tumigil din ang ulan at no'ng tumigil 'yon wala ka nang makikitang apoy sa paligid, mas maging maayos rin kung nasaan ang mga bangkay at may mga bulaklak na rin kung saan sila na hihimlay. All the people were mouring but they were mute. They were just crying and kneeling in front of their loved ones.

The sun also started rising in the sky. The Tinsel Saude was also leading all of the South's people. Hindi ko alam kung magpapasalamat ako na mukhang naging maayos ang lahat o magluluksa kasi ano pang silbi no'ng maayos na bagay kung marami namang nasawi?

"Everyone... please gather for the prayer." I lifted my head from being unable to move away from the dead bodies and was just gazing at everyone from below.

The girl who was older than me probably at her thirties said that and smiled at me. She was one most gentle people in here, and everyone was following her when Tinsel wasn't here. It was like she was the next one in-charge after Tinsel.

I also saw how a lot of people was saved because of her. She had a really fair complexion, she was so pale, and her eyes were wide and sincere looking although her irises were dark as the night. Her lips were pink and her nose was small and high. She looked like an apparition, or someone so frail, but there was something in those dark eyes—a hidden commanding power. Like a High Priestess.

"Miracle," Akira called when I didn't move after the lady asked me to do that. I snapped back to reality and nodded at him. Biblee went to me and held my hand. The three of us went to the gathered people to pray.

Akakios was across us, he was beside that lady who was leading the prayer.

"Who is she?" tanong ko kay Biblee. Even Tinsel seemed to respect her.

"Hindi ko rin alam, pero mukhang ingat na ingat ang lider ng mga Saude sa kanya. Anak?" she concluded, and I just nodded. There was no resemblance, but maybe she was more on the mother's side. I'd ask Akakios later.