39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings

Sorry for all the errors!

Hope you enjoy reading. And please leave some comments. Thank you and have a great day!

* * *

#TCS39: Of Secrets and Wrong Timings

"Art will be here in a few, so worry not." Luna uttered because we were too quiet. We couldn't even utter a word of shock because of the fast pace transitions that were happening in our faces.

One second, Art was in danger and we weren't even aware! Next, Justice showed himself upon us, yet with a bad news! After, someone saved Art and who the heck is that guy? They seemed to know each other, because Art wouldn't act like that to a complete stranger! And it wasn't finish with that! The twins were with Justice to give a warning to a freaking enemy!

Who in their right mind could process everything in a light of speed?!

"Hey, you okay?" Nag-aalinlangang sabi ni Luna habang nakaharap sa 'min 'yung sosyal na swivel chair na inuupuan n'ya. I nodded like a robot. Unware. Just programmed to respond to a certain query.

Only Luna had the guts to continue after the bombs! Am I surprised? No! This is Luna. And Luna isn't ordinary for Pete's sake. She's mysteriously cold yet bright. Hindi talaga tao 'tong si Luna. Pakiramdam ko alien talaga 'yan, galing kung sa'n mang planeta.

"Is that Caerus?" Mahinang bulong ni Honoka sa sarili na hindi nakatakas sa pandinig ko. She looked at Harper with curiosity in her eyes, the latter nodded to confirm it.

"Woah, there. You know him?" Biglang extra ni Biblee sa usapan ng dalawa habang naka-kunot ang noo. Harper shrugged as a secret code between her and Honoka were completed. "Kinda," she replied nonchalantly.

"Parang ang dami na yatang sikreto sa barkadang 'to?" I suddenly interrupted with a glare. That made Honoka avoid my gaze, as Akira stepped up infront.

"Ask Art, Amythee. Surely, she'll tell us, it's just that the girls are not in the right position to tell these things. And aren't you guilty of keeping a secret that your hands are already covered with other people's blood?" Dire-diretsong imik ni Akira ni hindi ko man lang nakita ang kahit anong pag-aalinlangan do'n.

Kumabog ng husto ang puso ko. Para akong tinira ng punyal sa dibdib. Right. Look who's talking. Didn't know tasting Akira's sharp remarks would be this bitter.

"Akira... can we not add fuel to the fire?" Pierce mentioned as he sighed with the tension.

I bowed my head. "Sorry..." I uttered in almost a whisper.

I heard Akira's light sigh. "Kaya ba nina Justice at ng kambal ang gagawin nila? The said enemies are not... the people you can underestimate." Biglang sambit ni Thorn kaya naman napatingin kami lahat sa kan'ya.

"And, are you sure that Art's safe? It felt a little suspicious. On how smoothly everything is going..." May pag-aalinlangang sambit ni Harper habang nakatingin kay Luna. She went closer to the monitors.

Wala na talagang mga kahit anong kalaban. Napa-isip din ako saglit. Maybe because we were used to obstacles and things not going the way we want it that's why we were a little uneasy? But this is an Evans and Luna we were with... of course, we shouldn't feel bothered.

Ni hindi nga namin mahanap unless magpapakita sa 'min 'di ba?

"The guards who are guarding Art are high class, trained from militaries and different agencies. You can check their profiles if you are still in doubt." Parang may bomba sa puso ko nang pagkakataong banggitin ni Luna 'yun.