98: Fire is Catching

Reminder: Everything that you will read from now on is highly fictional. All the things around Domain (laws, system, procedure, construction, etc.) are all FICTIONAL and with minimal or no basis to reality.

If there is any resemblance from the living or history, it is purely coincidental.

Thank you.

PS: Please read this chapter carefully, for this is the foundation of the Domain's Arc.

***

#TCS98: Fire Is Catching

Miracle Silhouette's POV

I stared at the vast monitors, which formed like a giant cinema screen in front of me. I crossed my arms and sighed. It contained a lot of information and people. It was consisting of the intel that we would use for the Domain.

Just staring at all of it made me shiver. The thought that we were really facing these dangerous people in a game of wits and crime was creating a hollow feeling in my stomach. It was so detailed and planned but what if suddenly things went haywire?

"Nervous?" I gasped when I heard that voice and felt his arms slowly seized my hand. Napalingon ako sa kanya at napatango bago magbuntonghininga ulit. I couldn't lie, it would probably show on my face. I mean, who wouldn't be terrified? Here we were going to face—head-on with our most dangerous enemy.

"Don't be... you planned most of this meticulously, and Lolo approved and wanted this plan, too," Akakios mentioned, then gazed at the massive screen with a smile. Siniko ko naman s'ya nang pabiro dahil do'n.

"You also planned almost half of this; this plan wouldn't be successful without you," I told him and slowly leaned on his shoulder. I heard his soft laughter and felt him nodded.

"Yeah, it was constructed by the two of us, so I think that's the greatest reassurance that it won't be a mess," he replied calmly. Buti pa 'tong si Akakios parang hindi kabado at okay lang sa kanya ang lahat, samantalang ako pakiramdam ko sasabog na 'yong puso ko sa kaba.

I wasn't playing with everything in my control now. The adversaries were dirty and cunning. This was not like those childish games that I'd do with my siblings and the Pasaways. This was in a different level now.

I inhaled and exhaled loudly this time and I faced Akakios while standing tall. "Where are they?" I asked him quietly. This was really it. We were now going to explain and mobilize the Pasaways and the Crowns about the Domain.

Akakios looked at his wrist watch. "They will be here in five," maikling sagot n'ya. Napangiti naman ako ro'n at saka bumababa ang tingin ko sa tie n'ya. I reached for it and fixed it a little. His eyes only followed my hand and beamed a little while I was doing it.

Medyo kabado rin ako sa ginagawang 'yon. Admit it or not, Akakios' authority and aura became so intense and palpable that even with me, it wasn't toning down. He got more comfortable with it in time, but deep inside he was still the kindest person in here.

Nang matapos kong ayusin 'yon, napaatras ako nang kaunti at pinagmasdan s'ya. I admired how he looked so honorable and fearsome. He had that shade around him that he wasn't your ordinary person, that he was... a royal.

"Ready to set foot in the land where you truly belong?" I didn't intend to vocalize it, but it still left my mouth. I saw how his jaw moved a little, and he unhurriedly pocketed one of his hands. And he scratched the tip of his nose using the other.