Unbroken Part 2

Summery: Astrid's heart has been taken by a witch and the important pieces scattered around the archipelago leaving only the lesser emotions.  Hiccup, Fishlegs, Snotlout and Tuffnut head out on this journey to retrieve the pieces of her heart. What will they find when they do see the pieces?

Previously.....

"Valka I need to talk to you!" Ruff said as Valka finished speaking to Eret about her new hut.

"That boy is going to ruin everything!" Valka sighed. " I will talk to him tonight dearie. Tonight is the night he declares New Berk is finally built."

" Help me? How?" Astrid asked.

" Valka! Get Gothi! Something's wrong with Astrid!" Ruffnut screamed as she bursted into the Great Hall.

"Her heart is faint as if it's been ripped away from her. The evidence shows it was that vile witch I have heard so much about as a child. The one who steals the hearts of girls pure of heart and scatters their emotions across the lands. If we do not find the missing pieces of her heart, she will die." Gobber translated Gothi's drawings.

" I can't lose her mom! I leave you and Eret in charge of the village, Ruffnut, I leave in charge of staying with Astrid and Gobber I leave in charge of translating anything Gothi says about Astrid's condition." Hiccup said. " Tuffnut, Snotlout and Fishlegs, come with me! We leave at first light!"

Now....

It had already been a week since they left New Berk in search of the pieces of Astrid's heart and already were they getting tired. They couldn't stop however because if they didn't find the pieces within the week, Astrid would die. Luckily for them third times the charm. They had gone to 2 islands with no results.

The first emotion was Anger. They sent Snotlout, knowing how much he's been on the receiving end of her anger.
" You want me to do it?!" Snotlout exclaimed.

" Who else is better at receiving her anger than you?" Tuffnut stated. The other three boys just stared at him." What?" Tuff asked confused as always.

Snotlout gulped and slowly made his way to Astrid's anger. Astrid's Anger was basically having a fit. Um as the author and narrator I feel none of you should hear what she's screaming about so we are skipping that.

" Well?" Fishlegs asked.

" I got it." Snotlout said quietly, holding up a red thing that looks like a glass shard.

" Woah how'd you get it?" Tuffnut asked.

" Trust me, you don't wanna know." Snotlout said terrified.

" I'm guessing she beat him up." Fishlegs said.

The next island they came across had her happiness emotion. Tuffnut volunteered to go and get it. The others were of course reluctant to let him but eventually they gave in and let him retrieve Astrid's Happiness. Astrid's Happiness emotion was currently picking flowers.

" Hey Happiness how are you?" Tuff stupidly asked.

" Oh hi Tuffnut! Isn't it just the most beautiful day?" Happiness replied.

" I agree. Though I have to ask, what is your favorite flower?" Tuff asked.

" I absolutely love sunflowers! Most people think I like Astrids because it's my name but they are so very wrong." Happiness said.

" We got some sunflowers on the ship. You wanna see?"

" Of course!" Happiness exclaimed.

Luckily for Tuffnut, happiness was too distracted by the thought of sunflowers that she didn't notice Tuff take the shard around her neck. In all his excitement Tuffnut ran back to the ship.

" I got it!" He exclaimed.

" How?" Snotlout asked wearily.

" Her favorite flowers are sunflowers so I told her we had some!" Tuff replied.

After days of retrieving more shards they finally came across the last island where the last shard was. This shard was Sadness. Hiccup knew it was his turn to retrieve one of Astrid's emotions. He was nervous but just the thought of Astrid lifeless on her bed made him filled with determination! ( Heehee)Hiccup found Sadness but did not approach. Sadness was crying and muttering to herself.

" He says he can't live without Toothless. I mean I love Dragons as much as the next person but Why am I never enough?!" Sadness cried. This sparked realization in Hiccup. Had he really been so obsessed with the departure of the Dragons? ( Yes!) "Now I'll never see him again!" Sadness sobbed.

" Sadness" Hiccup called out.

" Hiccup! What are you doing here?" She asked.

" Looking for you." He replied.

" Leave me alone to die!" Sadness sobbed. " You don't love me anymore!"

" That's not true! Without you I don't think I could continue to value my life." He said softly as to not startle her. He hugged her and took the shard from her neck. With all her emotions found, he returned to the ship.

" Set sail gentleman! We head home!" Hiccup ordered.

" Yes, Sir!" They all replied.

To be continued.......