Space Between

Summery: Not a hiccstrid oneshot. After httyd 3 Astrid misses Stormfly. Song is Space Between from Descendants 2 by Dove Cameron and Sofia Carson. STOMSTRID SISTP!! When they sing they are in separate locations I just didn't want to keep saying I was switching between places every line.

Italics: Dragons talking.

Normal: Narrative or someone talking

Bold: Lyrics

Other italics: Memories

STORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRIDSTORMSTRID

In the Hidden World

Stormfly was depressed. You would think Toothless would be the one to miss his rider more but it was Stormfly who missed Astrid more than any other dragon in the Hidden world missed their riders. Every sunset she would look out at the world and dream of Astrid playing fetch with her or brushing her scales. Eventually Toothless noticed her depressed state and summoned her before him.

" Stormfly, what has you so upset?" Toothless asked his best dragon friend. " It pains me to admit but I miss Astrid so much. She was the best friend I could ever ask for. I miss the days we would play fetch or she gave me chicken or brushed my scales or we went flying. " Stormfly said mournfully. " Hiccup's father always said what do we do when they aren't here? We celebrate them." Toothless said.

Meanwhile on New Berk

Every sunset Astrid Haddock would sit in the window of her and Hiccups bedroom and look at the sky thinking of her best friend Stormfly. " I miss you." She whispered to herself. Arms wrapped around her. " Hiccup." She breathed sadly. " She will always be in your heart just as Toothless will always be in mine, remember that. " he said. She nodded very absentmindedly. He left her alone. He could tell she wasn't in it tonight to talk about anything.

Astrid:I didn't want to let you down
But the truth is out
It's tearing me apart, not listening to my heart

Memories of when Stormfly was captured by Drago both when she saved Eret and when she was mind controlled surfaced in Astrid's mind.

Stormfly: I really had to go

Astrid:And I would never stop you
Even though it changed

Stormfly: Nothing has to change

For both of them memories surfaced of their goodbye. Leaving was the hardest thing they ever had to do.

Both And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between

Astrid remembered the dragon race before Hiccup became Chief. They worked on that technique for weeks together.

Astrid:And nothing can stay the same
It's growing pains
Be proud of all the scars
They make you who you are (oh, woah)

More memories surfaced for both of when Astrid was 15 and hit Stormfly before the peace between dragons and Vikings.

Stormfly: I know you have to stay
But I'll never really leave you
Nothing has to change even though it changed

Stormfly thought of how she was kidnapped by the dragon hunters and Astrid was left to drown. She thought of Astrid almost all the time while she was captured by Ryker.

Both: And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between

Astrid:There are no words left to say
I know you gotta find your place
But this is not the end (no)
You're part of who I am

Stormfly waking Astrid up everyday.

Stormfly:Even if we're worlds apart
You're still in my heart it will always be you and me, yeah

Both:You can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach (I'll never be out of reach) no
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between, yeah
No matter where you go no matter where you go
We can meet in the space between

If this was a movie(Me: Uh I don't know what you're talking about.... 😅😅😅) The scene would be Astrids hand against the window and Stormfly's Wing against a cave wall of the Hidden world in a split screen.

For these two best friends everyone underestimated how strong their bond really was compared to Hiccup and Toothless. But there one thing they both knew. They weren't just best friends they were sisters and nothing would stop them from seeing each other again someday.

The End

Me after writing this: In my opinion their bond is strongest bond between dragon and rider. In rtte Astrid thought Stormfly was dying and was everything but frantic. The Trust and teamwork they show is just as amazing and in RoB to RTTE it's like Astrid can understand Stormfly. Stormfly flew back from escaping Drago to get captured again for Astrid and people will argue she did it for Eret I think it was more for Astrid and Eret was spur of the moment. Another thing I see is Astrid ran to the stables in rtte season 4 Blindsided to save Stormfly from the storm. Stormfly as well, in that episode was extremely worried about Astrid. So in my opinion they have the better bond. Sorry to Hiccup and Toothless. But People just don't see Stormfly and Astrids relationship as they are focused on Hiccup and Toothless's relationship and it's not just about those two boys at all. People need to understand those two aren't the only ones who lost a best friend and sibling in all but blood and species. Astrid and Stormfly did too.

Side note while I wrote this: 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭