Insensitive

Summery: HTTYD 3. What if when Hiccup said " Relationships are nothing but pain and misery" Astrid reacted differently? I always thought what he said was totally insensitive and she deserves justice!

I WANT AIR CONDITIONING BACK! I WANT AIR CONDITIONING BACK! I WANT AIR CONDITIONING BACK!

" Trust me, relationships are nothing but pain and misery." Hiccup muttered to Toothless. Astrid, who happened to be walking by just punched him in the arm. On the inside however she was upset. Why would he say that with her near by?! Does he think they're relationship isn't worth it anymore?! She was upset and she knew it but she was not going to make a scene. They were in the middle of war right now. As the days past she remained calm and pretended nothing was wrong.

After the Dragons went off to the Hidden World, Astrid let go of Hiccup's hand and went back to her tent. Hiccup watched her, confused. Ruffnut rolled her eyes, Hiccup could be such an insensitive idiot sometimes. "What's with her?" Snotlout asked.

" She's mad because of what Hiccup said to Toothless a few days ago." Ruff replied.

" What I said....???" Hiccup trailed off.

" Yes, when you said that ' Relationships are nothing but pain and misery.'" Ruff stated.

" Please tell me you're joking Ruff." Hiccup sighed.

" Not this time. Look H, give her a few days to calm down. She's just lost Stormfly."

Hiccup knew Ruffnut was right..... for once, so he waited a few days before talking to her. " Son? What's wrong?" Valka asked Hiccup a few days later.

" It's Astrid, I can't stop thinking about her." Hiccup sighed.

" There's nothing wrong with that. Have you spoken to her?"

" Not yet, do you know where she is right now?" He asked.

" Overseeing the former A-Team." Valka replied.

Hiccup got up without answering and went to find Astrid. He found the A-Team and after asking about Astrid, went to the cliff after they told him that's where she went. "So I'm a jerk." Hiccup said as he came up behind her.

" Why would you say that?" She asked.

" Because I was trying to get Toothless to focus but that doesn't mean I should've said that. I love you Milady, I'm sorry I'm so insensitive to your feelings a lot." He apologized.

She sighed and turned to him." You're insensitive, oblivious when other girls flirt with you, and you run away from your problems-" he flinched as she said that.

" But I love you anyway babe. Nothing will change that." She continued.

And when they got married a few months later in the winter, he promised as she walked down the aisle that he would never hurt her like that again.

The End.

AN: This next part is another version of how this could have gone.

"Trust me, relationships are nothing but pain and misery." Hiccup muttered to Toothless. Astrid, who happened to be walking by just punched him in the arm. "Why would you say that with me near by?! Do you think our relationship isn't worth it anymore?!" She demanded as she walked by.

" Oh boy, he's done it now." Ruff said.

Hiccup's Eyes widened upon realizing what he just said." No, no, no Milady, I love you, you know that! I was only trying to get Toothless to focus. Please believe me Milady!" He got up and chased her as she continued walking away.

" Astrid!" He yelled as he caught up to her and turned her towards him. " Look, I love you Astrid, I can't live without you. I'm sorry for what I said before. I'm an idiot." He tried to get her to understand how much he meant to her.

She sighed and looked at him." You're insensitive, oblivious when other girls flirt with you, and you run away from your problems-" he flinched as she said that.

" But I love you anyway babe. Nothing will change that." She continued.

" I promise you, no more insensitive behavior coming from me." He vowed. Then he kissed her.

The End