Mermaid

Summery: Mermaid AU. Prince Hiccup is wandering the beach when he finds a beautiful mermaid. Just how will this turn out? Short oneshot. I had no ideas.

HHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDD

Once upon a time there was a Prince named Hiccup. His parents wanted him to get married soon but every girl he knew was snobby or not his type. His parents set him up with various girls. Lady Ruffnut Thornston was the daughter of a countess and earl. She was not very bright and she wasn't pretty either. Princess Heather of Berserker Kingdom was a flirt who had Lord Fishlegs Ingermen son of Earl Ingermen, Lord Tuffnut Thornston and Lord Snotlout Jorganson son of the Duke Jorganson going after her. Princess Camicazi of the Bog Burglar Kingdom would have been a good match if she didn't have the mentality of someone needing to be in a sanitarium. Young Queen Mala was too old and was arranged to marry Princess Heathers brother King Dagur. Lady Atali was a feminist so yeah.....Hiccup sighed it was pointless. No one was the right girl for him.

One day Hiccup was walking along the beach around let's say 7 am with his 3 legged black lab, Toothless when he heard a harp being played. As he rounded the corner he caught sight of the most beautiful creature literally seeing as she was a mermaid. She had beautiful long golden hair, perfect pale skin from being underwater so much, blue eyes as the ocean she lives in and her tail was what looked like blue dragon scales. The mermaid hearing him was startled and immediately stopped playing her harp.

" I'm sorry I didn't mean to frighten you." He said gently. " I was just surprised is all. " She replied with her beautiful voice. " Why are you here all by yourself?" He asked. " Sometimes I like to be alone it lets me have time to think. Besides what about you? What are you doing here Mr. What do they call you?!"She said. " I'm Hiccup and you are?" He asked. " Astrid" She said hesitantly. " Astrid" He breathed. " That's a beautiful name." He replied dreamily. She blushed. " To answer your question I had to get away from my overbearing parents. They expect me to marry but no one is right for me." He frowned.

Astrid sat and listened to him go on about how he wanted to marry for love. Unfortunately at 8 o clock the town clock chimed which meant everyone would be awakening soon. " I must be going home now. The other humans will be around soon so I cannot be here." Astrid said. He grabbed her hand after she turned away. " Wait! I wish to see you again tomorrow morning." He begged. " And I you." She agreed. With that she swam away.

As the weeks past they grew closer until one day Hiccup decided he wanted to marry her. Did he care she is a mermaid and he a human? No. " What Happened my love? You sounded frantic yesterday." Astrid said to Hiccup. " Astrid, I love you and I would be so happy if you would marry me?" Hiccup asked. She nodded and hugged him. " Yes, yes of course!"

Another few weeks past and one day when he was to see her, he turned to see her in a flowing white dress with legs! " How?" He asked in disbelief. " I went to a sea wizard who helped me figure out a way to be human and only be mermaid when I touch water." She answered. He ran to her and spun her around. After introducing her to his parents they were married and lived happily ever after.

The end.