Dream

Summery: RTTE Post season 4, pre season 5. Hiccup has nightmares of Astrid getting hurt in operation shellfire. There's just one problem. He's not telling her about it.

Sorry for the late update. Despite the ideas which I have drafted already, I have not been motivated to write.

( Italics= Hiccup's nightmare)

The gang was on Berk after some problems that may or may not have destroyed Dragon's Edge. Everyone was sleeping peacefully, except for Hiccup. You see, he came close to losing his lady love during operation shellfire when Viggo was holding her hostage. The lady love in question however was sleeping peacefully unlike her handsome, heroic suitor.

" Would you really give up your future for the sake of an object?" Viggo laughed.

" Let her go Viggo!" Hiccup yelled.

" Give me the dragon eye and you can have your beloved." Viggo negotiated.

Without warning, Ryker Grimborn, Viggo's brother arrived and took Astrid from Viggo as he held her over the volcano.

" What are you doing, idiot?! You aren't supposed to actually hurt the girl!" Viggo demanded.

" Come now brother its the only way to get what we want." Ryker replied. All Hiccup could do was watch as Astrid's arm slipped from Ryker and she fell in the volcano.

" Astrid!"

" Astrid!" Hiccup gasped as he sat up from his bed. Toothless shook his head and went back to sleep. This was the 4th time this week that he's had that nightmare. He hadn't told anyone about it but now he knows it won't go away until he does tell someone.

He got out of bed and climbed out his bedroom window. He needed to see Astrid. He ran as quietly as he could and when he got to her house he threw rocks at her window. Astrid, hearing the commotion got out of bed and walked out on her balcony.

" Hiccup, what are you doing here?" She asked. It was the middle of the night why was he here?

" I had to see you, I have to tell you something I should have told you days ago." He replied. With his athletic ability from riding and forging, he climbed onto her balcony.

" What's Wrong?" She tilted her head.

" The last few nights I have been having nightmares if what could have happened when we were facing Viggo on the volcano. All I could see in those nightmares was you being dropped into the volcano." He replied.

" Oh my love, I'm alright, we're alright. You need not fear of losing me. Viggo's gone." Astrid said as she put her hand on his cheek.

He grabbed her hand that was on his cheek and kissed it. " Thank you milady."

" Why didn't you tell me about the nightmare before?" She asked.

" I thought I could handle it. It was just one nightmare but after it kept coming back I decided I should have told you before."

" Hey, remember ' There will always be a Hiccup & Astrid, Always'" Astrid kissed his cheek.

When Hiccup went back to bed that night, he had no more nightmares of what could have been. He also realized how stupid he was to forget that he relays on her, that he should have just told her from the beginning. That night when he went back to bed, he dreamed of the day he would call her his wife.

The End

Sorry it was short!