Chapter 93

Mihelia Residence

Cassie quickly excused herself from the soap opera tat was about to explode between Elena and Jenna. As she was straightening up her room, her phone went off in her pocket. She had received a text from Caroline reading "911 NOW". Then her phone rang and Stefan's caller ID graced the screen. "Stef?" She asked. "Yeah did you just get a 911 from Caroline?" Stefan asked. "Yeah wanna come pick me up ad we'll go over together?" She asked him. "Yeah be there in 10." Stefan said and hung up.

Cassie couldn't imagine what Caroline needed to talk about or what was wrong. Everything was slowly getting bad again. Cassie also hadn't heard from Elijah so she was worried about him. Cassie snapped from her thoughts when she heard Stefan honk his horn. She quickly got whatever she needed and ran out her front door.

Stefan's Car

There was an unspoken awkwardness between Cassie ad Stefan sometimes. One of them always had to break the silence because neither one of them could bear it. Was it because of the fact they once had feelings for each other or that they just didn't know what to talk about. They didn't know. This time, Cassie broke the silence. "So... You brought back John Gilbert? That was your big "Save Elena" move?" She asked curiously with raised eyebrows. "I went to go look for Isobel, and I get John instead. He said he can help us, and we're desperate." Stefan explained. "We're not that desperate, Stefan." She said to him with a twinge of sarcasm. "Damon said the same thing." Stefan said with a chuckle. "Well maybe he's not always wrong then." Cassie said with a small shrug. "Look, Bonnie's new witch friend is working with Elijah, so we have to assume that the moonstone was never destroyed. Elena is putting all of her faith into some deal that she made with Elijah to keep everyone safe. I mean, do you trust Elijah?" Stefan pressed her. "Yeah actually I do but I can't explain why. You wouldn't understand it. I barely understand it." She said with a frown. "Well, I don't. He's an Original, he can't be trusted. It's not like we can just go up and kill him, because apparently, he can't die!" Stefan said exasperated. "I'm still waiting for the part where John Gilbert is the answer." Cassie said with a smirk. Stefan sighed. "He knew about the sacrifice, Isobel told him. He said he knew of a way to keep Elena safe." Stefan explained to her. "And how do we do that?" Cassie asked, pressing the issue. "He's not talking. At least not to me anyway." Stefan said defeated. "Well that's just perfect. Leave it to John to open and shut his mouth at the most inconvenient times ever." Cassie said with an annoyed sigh and leaned her head on the head rest of her seat.

Forbes Residence

About 5 minutes later they arrived at Caroline's house. Caroline ran to the door and let them in when she saw them. "What's wrong?" Stefan asked urgently. "Yeah what's the emergency?" Cassie asked as well. "Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word." Caroline explained in a hurried tone. "It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon." Stefan explained. "Tyler was so upset. The look on his face, he was so betrayed." Caroline said with sadness in her voice. Cassie's heart started to crumble for Tyler. He had gone so much with his dad dying, then them breaking up. "Wow, this is bad." Cassie said in realization. "You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" Caroline asked looking at both of them. Stefan and Cassie exchanged glances and both said no at he same time. "No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate?" Stefan said with worry. "He has every right to but he could get himself killed." Cassie said worriedly. "Well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right things to say, okay? He and I...we're friends." Caroline said with hope.