Chapter 4

Mystic Falls Hospital

Cassie looked over to the door and saw Elena run in. Elena ran and embraced Bonnie. "Bonnie. How's Caroline?" Elena asked Bonnie with concern. "She's weak. They don't know if she's going to make it." Bonnie told her with sadness in her voice. "What?" Elena asked in shock. Cassie walked over and pulled Elena into a hug. "Is there something that you can do? Like a spell or something?" Elena asked Bonnie as Elena pulled out of the hug. Damon came up behind Cassie. "She doesn't know how, do you?" He asked Bonnie with a smirk. Cassie rolled her eyes at him. "No, I don't." Bonnie answered honestly. "No, you don't because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon informed her. "Well, I can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn." Bonnie sassed him. Cassie smirked at Bonnie's snark. The way she was feeling toward Damon she'd high five Hitler if he insulted Damon. "I can give Caroline some blood." Damon said to Elena; completely ignoring Bonnie and Cassie. "No, no way." Elena said sternly. "No, just enough to heal her. She will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better Elena." Damon explained with urgency. "Elena, I was actually just thinking the same thing." Cassie admitted. "See?" Damon asked while gesturing to Cassie. "It's too risky, I can't agree to that." Elena said to them both. "Do it." Bonnie ordered him. Elena looked at Bonnie like she was crazy. "This is Caroline. We can't let her die." Bonnie said to Elena then turned to Damon. "Do it." Bonnie said to Damon. "If I do this, you and me, call a truce?" Bonnie asked Bonnie with a snarky smile. "No. But you'll do it anyway. For Cassie and Elena." Bonnie said with a smirk and left.

Cassie rolled her eyes at Bonnie's assumption while Elena had a confused expression on her face. She really didn't think Damon had feelings for her. Cassie huffed in frustration. Damon turned to Elena and pulled her away from Cassie. "I know this is probably the last thing you want to do right now but we should talk about what happened tonight." Damon said to her with seriousness. Cassie heard what he said and smirked. He still didn't know that it wasn't Elena he was kissing. "Yeah, one of the tomb vampires got into the house and almost killed John." Elena said in a 'duh' tone. "What? When? What are you talking about? After I left?" Damon asked confused. Cassie's smirk grew. "You were there?" Elena asked; now she was confused. "Come on, Elena, you know I was." Damon said slightly agitated. Cassie had to speak up. "Damon stop." Cassie said but Elena cut her off. "When were you at the house?" Elena asked still confused. "Really? Earlier, on the porch, we were talking, all cathartic, feelings exposed. Come on, we kissed, Elena." Damon said frustrated that she was playing dumb. "Damon wait a sec." Cassie interjected again but Elena scoffed at him. "Okay, I don't have time for this Damon." Elena said and tried to walk away but Damon grabbed her arm. "If you want to forget what happened fine but I can't." Damon said with sincerity. Cassie saw his feelings for her were genuine. He was going to be so heartbroken when she tells him it was Katherine.

Cassie looked down the hall and saw Jenna walking toward them. "Incoming." Cassie warned them and Damon let Elena go. Damon moved away, next to Cassie while Jenna glared at him. Cassie and Damon listened intently. "Elena, I came as soon as I got your message. How is John?" Jenna asked with worry. "Where have you been?" Elena asked angrily. "At the fire department, I had to fill out a report. I told you earlier." Jenna reminded her. Cassie realized Jenna must've told Katherine while she was upstairs calling Elena. "No, you didn't." Elena told her.

Jenna was taken aback by Elena's tone. "Yes, I did." She told her with attitude. "oh crap." Cassie muttered loud enough for Damon to hear. "What?" He asked her confused. "No, Jenna, you didn't." Elena said to her now frustrated. "Jenna didn't tell Elena. She told Katherine." Cassie said to him with a pissed off face. "Yes, I did." Jenna said again; now completely frustrated. Damon suddenly realized that Katherine was the one he kissed, not Elena. "Oh! You got to be kidding me." Damon said to himself. Cassie, Jenna and Elena looked at him with confusion. Damon realized that he said that out loud. He looked at the women in front of him and walked away. Cassie looked at Elena. "We need to go home. Now." Cassie said and pulled Elena in the direction Damon went.