Chapter 10

Lockwood Mansion

Bonnie walked into an office and immediately dialed Elena on her phone. "Hello?" She heard Elena answer. "Elena? Where are you?" Bonnie asked now scared. "Bonnie, I know I'm late. I'm getting in the car now. I'll be there in five." Elena said and hung up. Bonnie was shocked. She turned around to leave but Katherine was standing behind her. She gasped in fear. "We haven't officially met. I'm Katherine." Katherine said with a fake smile. "I know who you are." Bonnie said and stood her ground. "Of course you do. You're the other best friend right? I've been putting all the pieces of Elena's life together. Isobel told me it was a bit of a puzzle." She said as she inched closer to Bonnie. Bonnie just stood still. "I do know who Jenna and Jeremy are. I know Cassie is the best friend that would die for Elena; and I met that delicious ex-boyfriend Matt, who's sweet on Caroline and then there's you; the vampire-hating Bennett witch. Did I do good?" Katherine asked with a perky fake smile.

Bonnie tried to leave the room, but Katherine vamp sped around her and blocked her way out. Bonnie used her migraine inducing spell on Katherine. Katherine screamed in pain and grabbed her head but then comes to and smirked. "I've been around a long time Bonnie; you're gonna have to do better than that." She said then grabbed Bonnie by the throat and pushed her against the wall. She let her vamp features come out which frightened Bonnie. Thinking on her feet; Bonnie opened the doors with her powers to expose them to the other guests. Katherine's face goes back to normal and she shrugged. "Nice." She said and saw Stefan was standing outside the doorway. "Katherine." He said with a fake smile. "Stefan." She said returning the fake smile. "Leave her alone." He told her; keeping the fake smile present on his face. "Okay." Katherine said with a shrug. She released Bonnie and left the room. Katherine traced her finger across his chest as she walked past him. Bonnie gave Stefan a panicked gaze then he walked away.

Stefan followed Katherine out into the main room. "What are you doing here?" He asked her impatiently. Katherine grabbed a drink off of a tray. "After the way you treated me last night, I thought that a public place would be less violent." She said non nonchalantly. "You're taking this a little far, don't you think? Elena could walk in at any moment." Stefan warned her. "Mmm, but that's part of the fun, Stefan." She said as she picked up a cherry from the food table. "Damon's here, somewhere. I've been avoiding him." She said as she looked around to make sure he wasn't near her.

Katherine started to put the cherry in her mouth, but when she saw Matt walking over to them, she took it back out of her mouth. "Hey guys." Matt said as he approached them. "Hey Matt. I heard that Caroline is doing much better. Her recovery was practically miraculous, you must be so relieved." Katherine said pretending to be Elena again. Stefan played along. "I am. Thanks Elena." He said and walked past them into another room. "Uh! His eyes are so blue!" Katherine gushed about Matt. "You need to leave now." Stefan demanded. "You're hurting my feelings, Stefan. Damon was much happier to see me, then again he thought I was your girlfriend so..." She said with a laugh. "Katherine, I'm not doing this with you." Stefan said sternly. "Okay, how about we don't have a couple's fight in front of all of your friends? Walk with me." Katherine said with a smirk. "Just tell me what you're doing here." Stefan ordered. "Maybe I missed you. Is that an acceptable reason?" Katherine said with an innocent expression. "What game are you playing?" Stefan asked her with a stern expression. "Why, you want to play with me?" Katherine asked with a playful expression. "I don't know. How can I play if I don't know the rules?" Stefan asked her with curious eyes. "No rules, Stefan. Don't you remember? No rules." Katherine said as she walked past him and out of the room; she looked back at Stefan.

Stefan looked at her. She held her hand out for him. Stefan walked toward her. She smiled and turned around, she still had her hand out for Stefan to hold but Stefan walked right past her. Katherine dropped her hand and her smile then followed Stefan. They walked past Tyler and Cassie. Katherine shot Cassie a smirk and Cassie narrowed her eyes at her. Cassie knew she would need to keep her eyes on them.