Chapter 72

Outside Mystic Falls

In a secluded country area, the car that held Cassie and Elena was meeting an SUV. The kidnapper got out of the car and walked over to the man in the SUV. The man in the SUV was wearing a cap and sunglasses. "Where is she?" The man with the cap asked the kidnapper. "In the trunk, I did exactly what you said and I got her friend." The kidnapper said with a smirk. "Two instead of one. Good, put them in the back." The capped man said to him. The kidnapper opened the SUV trunk and then goes to his car and opened the trunk. Elena laid in it, unconscious. He took her and put her in the SUV trunk. He then moved to the backseat of his car and pulled Cassie out and laid her next to Elena in the SUV.

The capped man saw Cassie in the rear-view mirror and smiled. After closing the trunk he rejoined the capped man. "Thank you for your help." The man said to the kidnapper. "Is there anything else?" The kidnapper asked. "One more thing. Come closer, please." The man said to him. The kidnapper moved closer. "Closer." The capped man said and gestured with his hand. The kidnapper moved even closer and within a second the capped man grabbed him, bit him and drank his blood, then threw him on the ground and drove off.

Mystic Falls High School

That morning at school, Stefan was closing his locker when Jeremy approached him. "Hey Jeremy." Stefan greeted him. "Look, Elena's got to let me know if I'm supposed to cover for her. Jenna's cool with the two of you but you guys are pushing it." Jeremy said bluntly. "What are you talking about?" Stefan asked confused. "You and Elena. Look, I'm glad you guys are back together but if she's gonna sleep over..." Jeremy said but Stefan cut him off. "Wait, wait... hold on a minute. We're not back together." Stefan told him with a confused tone. "Wait... she didn't stay at your place last night?" Jeremy asked now worried and confused. "No, I mean I saw her at the party and she left with Cassie. She didn't sleep over." Stefan told him and shut his locker. "Because her bed hadn't been slept in and Mrs. Lockwood said that hers and Cassie's cars were still in the driveway. Where are they?" Jeremy asked as they both exchanged troubled looks. "I'll call Damon." Stefan said and pulled out his phone to tell his big brother that their girlfriends were missing.

Old Abandoned Mansion

The man in the cap parked the SUV in the driveway of an old abandoned mansion. He pulled Cassie out first and carried her inside. He then went back out and brought Elena in who was starting to wake up. He put Elena on the couch that was next to the couch Cassie was on. Both girls hands and feet were tied. He removed the ropes off Cassie then Elena when she woke and began to struggle. "Cassie wake up." Elena said in a panic. Cassie began to stir and saw the capped man undoing Elena's ropes. "What do you want?" Cassie asked him but he turned and put a finger to her lips. "Ssh." He said with his veins appearing under his eyes. "Please, I'm hurt." Elena pleaded to him. "I know. Just a taste." He said then leaned down to bite her when a voice stopped him in his tracks. "Trevor! Control yourself." A woman shouted at him. She had short flipped chestnut hair, light blue eyes and a scowl on her face. "Buzzkill." Trevor said and left the room.

The woman was now alone with the girls. "What do you want with us?" Cassie asked her as she put Elena behind her. The woman couldn't believe how much the girls looked like their original doppelgangers. "Oh my god, you look just like them." The woman said as her eyes shifted from one girl to the other. "But we're not. Please, whatever you..." Elena began to say but Rose cut her off. "Be quiet!" The woman commanded. "But I'm not Katherine. My name is Elena Gilbert; you don't have to do this." Elena said and stepped in front of Cassie. "I know who you are, I said be quiet." She commanded again. "What do you want?" Elena asked again and got close enough that Rose slapped her hard. "Elena!" Cassie yelled and ran to her. Elena laid on the floor unconscious. Cassie looked up at the woman with hate and shock. "I want you to be quiet." The woman said and left the room angrily.