Chapter 59

Lockwood Mansion

Tyler was standing next to Matt, holding the ladder for him when Jeremy walked over to Tyler. "Hey man." Jeremy said as Matt walked away. "Hey!" Tyler greeted back. "Hey, so I did a little research on that stone you showed me." Jeremy tried to make conversation. "What? Why?" Tyler asked him. "I don't know. Curiosity, boredom." Jeremy said nonchalantly. "What did it say?" Tyler asked curiously. "Well, it turns out that it's part of this Aztec legend but I want to make sure it's the same kind of stone. You think I could check it out again?" Jeremy asked with hope in his voice. "Nope. I gave it to my uncle." Tyler said frankly. "Why did you do that?" Jeremy asked with panic in his voice. "Because I'm done with legends and curses. I don't want anything to do with it, okay?" Tyler stated with agitation. "Yeah, yeah sure. It's probably...Just, uh, stupid folklore anyways. Forget it." Jeremy said and looked over to Cassie, Stefan and Damon; who have been listening to the entire conversation. The brothers looked at each other. "Guys, no vamp hearing here. What is going on?" She asked again. Damon was pissed, but Stefan just shrugged it off. "We're gonna need the witch." Damon said as he walked away with Stefan and Cassie behind him.

Damon goes to get Bonnie while Stefan and Cassie wait. Stefan received a text which made him tense up. "Elena?" Cassie asked curiously. "Yeah. She wants to know what's going on." Stefan said as Damon, who has Bonnie's arm in his grasp, walked up behind them. "Okay. This is as far as I go." She said and they stop, then Damon let go of her. "Okay." Damon said with annoyance. "What do you want?" Bonnie asked irritated. "A favor please, Bonnie." Cassie said to her. "Like that's gonna happen." Bonnie said with a scoff. "So predictable." Damon said even more annoyed now. He and Cassie looked at Stefan. "That's why I brought her." Damon said about Cassie with his smirk. "Bonnie please, I know how you feel about helping us out, but since you're the one that linked Mason with Katherine, we finally have an opportunity to get an upper hand on both of them so, just hear us out." Cassie pleaded to Bonnie. "Pretty please." Damon asked her snarkily. "I'm listening." Bonnie said sternly; her interest piqued. Stefan's phone started to ring. He pulled it out to see it was Elena. "I have to fill Elena in on what's going on. Cassie, can you make sure he plays nice, please?" Stefan asked with a serious face. "Got it Stef." Cassie said and saluted him.

Stefan walked aside and answered his phone. "Hey, what are you doing? You shouldn't be calling me." He warned her. "I know, but I have no idea what's happening. Damon's got Jeremy into something and you've got Bonnie with you and I'm sorting stupid masquerade masks for Mrs Lockwood." Elena explained with a panicked tone. "Alright, it's okay. Hold on." Stefan said and walked away.

Meanwhile Cassie and Damon are still trying to get Bonnie to help them. "All you have to do is touch Mason again to see if he gave Katherine the moonstone." Cassie explained as simply as she could. "Cassie, my visions don't work like that. I don't get to ask questions." Bonnie explained with annoyance in her tone. "How inconvenient. Although, let's talk about that little witchy juju thing you do with me. You know, the fun one where my brain bursts into flames? What is that?" Damon asked as he invaded her personal space. "That's me giving you an aneurysm. Your blood vessels go pop, but you heal quickly; so, I do it over and over again." Bonnie explained with a dangerous look in her eye. Cassie and Damon both smirked. "Is it vampire specific?" Cassie asked coyly. "It'd work on anyone with a supernatural healing ability." Bonnie explained again. "Good. Good, good." Damon said contemplating his next move. "Damon, I'm not gonna help you hurt him." Bonnie told him sternly. "Bonnie, Mason's a werewolf and Katherine's evil. They're the villains. Really? You're really gonna play morality police right now?" Cassie asked her. Bonnie stood her ground. "Let me put it to you another way: they're a threat to Elena. So you, witch, are gonna get over yourself and help us." Damon told Bonnie, not leaving her much of a choice. Stefan walked back over to them, hearing everything that was just said. "Yeah, he meant that as a question with a 'please' on the end." Stefan added with a small smile. "Absolutely." Damon agreed with his smirk.