Chapter 105

Salvatore Boarding House
Cassie walked up to the front door with a smirk on her face. She couldn't wait to completely derail Damon's plan. She walked right into the house without knocking or ringing the bell. "Hello!" She yelled as she walked in. "In here Cass!" She heard Alaric yell from the dining room. She turned and walked to the dining room where the table was set beautifully for said dinner party. Damon and Alaric entered from the kitchen. "Hey Cassandra where's Elijah?" Damon asked with a fake smile. "I don't know, its not like he's my boyfriend or anything." Cassie said totally deflating Damon's assumptions. Damon didn't know whether she was telling the truth or not. He thought they were together.

The doorbell rang, snapping Damon back to reality. Damon went into the living room and opened the door to reveal Elijah. "Good evening." Elijah said with a fake smile. "Thank you for coming. Please, come in." Damon replied; mimicking the fake smile. Cassie could feel the tension arise from the exchange. "Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." Elijah recommended to Damon. Cassie heard him and got chills. Elijah was more perceptive than she thought. "No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you." Damon lied. Cassie could tell he was lying. She looked at Elijah. "Hmm. Well, that's good." Elijah said and entered the house. "Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house except Cassie. Are we clear?" Elijah whispered to Damon with his eyes set on Cassie. "Crystal." Damon replied with a tight lipped smile. "Cassandra; you look lovely. How are you?" Elijah asked as he approached her and kissed her cheek. He could sense she was on edge. He squeezed her hand as a sign to act normal. "Aw, well I'm fine Elijah, Thank you." She replied playing along.

Later that evening Damon, Cassie, Andie, Elijah, Jenna, John, and Alaric were all seated around the table having dinner. Jenna poured some wine for Damon. "I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna informed him with a smirk on her face. "Hmm, do tell." Damon played along. "Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah told the party guests. Cassie stifled a smile knowing his facts were accurate since he was probably one of the settlers. "Hmm. Because they were witches." Jenna added in with a skeptic but trying to be mysterious tone. "Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem." Andie chimed in with her knowledge. Cassie glared at her. "Andie's a journalist. Big on facts." Damon bragged which made Cassie roll her eyes. "Well Elijah's a historian so I think he may know more than Andie." Cassie added in with a fake smile. Jenna could see the tension rising between Damon and Cassie. Andie shifted in her chair uncomfortably. She realized Cassie was not happy with either of them. "Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around. They were consumed by the fire. Could you pass the..." Cassie cut him off. "I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society." Cassie said with a small laugh. Andie and Jenna chuckled. "It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John quipped in. Cassie choked on her drink. "Wow John that's funny coming from you considering you believe in vampires." Cassie said to him with a smirk. He gave Cassie a warning glare which Cassie returned just as harshly. "So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?" Damon asked Elijah trying to break the tension before Cassie lost control. "You know...a healthy historian's curiosity, of course." Elijah lied. Cassie saw it in his eyes. Damon saw it too. Cassie was wondering if the massacre had something to do with the sacrifice. "Of course." Damon replied with a fake smile. Elijah returned the fake smile and continued to eat. Cassie too was now feeling the tension between Damon & Elijah. She glanced at Damon and then continued eating as well.