Chapter 101

Salvatore Boarding House
Later that night, Damon and Alaric were sitting in the library, drinking bourbon and discussing the days events. "Today was a bust." Damon said annoyed. "Yeah. How's the throat?" Alaric asked him. "Sore." Damon said and rubbed his neck. "Yeah. That Elijah's one scary dude, but with nice hair." Alaric said trying to be funny but was actually serious. "Yeah and now he may have Cassie on his side." Damon replied. "Yeah that's gonna be a problem considering her powers. You want another one?" Alaric asked and got up from the couch. Damon handed him his glass, which Alaric took and walked over to the bar. "He's gonna be hard to kill." Damon said even more annoyed. "Yeah. I'd think twice before I'd trust that dagger and some ashes to do the job." Alaric said as he poured more bourbon into their glasses. "You're gonna need more info." Alaric stated. "I'm out of sources." Damon said flatly. "What's up with you and this news chick?" Alaric asked then handed Damon his glass of bourbon. "Ooh. She's got spunk, huh?" Damon asked with a smirk. Alaric sat back down on the couch and looked at Damon significantly. "Just don't kill her, please." Alaric asked him. "If I did, who would report her death?" Damon asked him with sarcasm. "Just don't do it, all right? She's friends with Jenna, and it's bad enough that I'm lying to her about everything else. I hate the lies." Alaric replied with stress laced into his words. Alaric took his phone out of his pocket and looked at it. "Oh, God. I got to go. I got to pick Jenna up." Alaric said and quickly stood up from his seat. "Don't worry. I'll, uh, show myself out." Alaric said as he began to leave. "Good luck." Damon said as he placed his hands on the back of his head and shut his eyes whilst Alaric walked out of the library.

Damon remained in his relaxed position until he heard a loud, crashing noise from the hallway. His eyes flew open and he walked out of the library and into the hallway. Out in the hallway, Damon saw that Alaric was standing with a large knife plunged into his stomach. Alaric looked at Damon as he clutched the knife and groaned as he fell onto the floor. Suddenly, from the rafters of the parlor's ceiling, an intruder dropped down with wolf-speed. Damon and the wolf engage in supernatural speed combat. The wolf, with the element of surprise, stabbed Damon in the neck with a syringe full of vervain. Damon grunted but is not completely affected by the vervain and vamp sped around the room, crashing the wolf into several walls. Finally, Damon was to weak to go on and fell to the ground. the wolf removed the syringe from his neck and stood up. "Whew! Damn, you're strong. It took the whole syringe." Two more werewolves walk through the front and look down at Alaric's dead body. Damon, weak, but still awake looked up from the floor. "Grab that one. He's dead." The wolf said to another wolf who walked in. "Hi, Damon. Nice to see you again." Jules said as she looked down at Damon.

Gilbert Residence
Cassie walked into the house to see Elena. She walked into the kitchen to see John pouring himself a glass of wine. Jenna entered the kitchen after Cassie. "hey Cass, what are you doing here?" Jenna asked with a confused face. "Hey Jenna, came to talk to Lena about something. Where is Elena?" Cassie asked now confused. "At the lake house for the weekend., remember? " Jenna asked her. John looked up at the women in the kitchen. "With Stefan?" He asked curiously. "Yes, with Stefan." Jenna said and looked at Cassie. Cassie looked at John with a confused face "He is her boyfriend." Cassie stated with attitude. "And who gave her permission for that?" John asked with a parental tone. "Are you serious right now?" Cassie asked him; getting angry with him. "I did. Until you get a lawyer, file for guardianship, it's my call, and there's nothing you can do about it." Jenna said and glared at him. "I always knew you were lax with them, but I didn't think you were negligent." He replied back with disappointment. "Woah! Okay back off John. Jenna is doing an amazing job with them. She even takes care of me sometimes when my mom is working overtime." Cassie said and stepped toward him. "Thank you Cassie. Besides, she wanted to get away from you and so do I, so I'll be staying with Ric." Jenna said as patiently as she could. Jenna turned around and started to leave the room. "Cause he's such a great guy, right?" John asked tauntingly. Jenna, biting her tongue, turned back around and strode closer to John but Cassie held her back for fear of Jenna hurting John and John retaliating. "You are on dangerous ground John." Cassie warned him. She could feel her powers rising up as well as her temper. "He's a liar, Jenna." John said as he looked past Cassie. "What?" Jenna asked outraged at his accusation. "Did he ever tell either of you what happened to his wife?" John asked both of them. "She died." Cassie answered quickly. John moved around the island in the kitchen and got dangerously close to Jenna and Cassie. Cassie could feel her powers ready to erupt. "Really? So they found her body?" John asked as his eyes landed on Jenna. "What are you saying?" Jenna asked irritated and confused. "Why don't you ask Ric? I'd love to hear his answer. Have a great night." John said and left the room. Jenna turned around and looked at him with a hint of skepticism while Cassie stood and had sheer panic written on her face. "Jenna, I gotta go." She said and ran out the door. She couldn't lie to Jenna anymore but she needed to warn Alaric and Elena about what John is up to. Cassie's phone suddenly started ringing. She pulled out her phone to reveal a text from Elijah.

Problem at Salvatore's. May need your powers.

-Elijah