Chapter 8

Lockwood Mansion

Damon walked away from Cassie and Tyler, jealousy overcoming him. He saw the fear on her face. He was scaring her. He couldn't understand why he was so jealous all of the sudden. He walked into the main room of the house and saw Mason and Carol talking. He walked over to Sheriff Forbes. "Who's the guy with Carol?" Damon asked curiously. "It's the mayor's younger brother, Mason Lockwood." Liz informed him. "Is he on the council? Like John Gilbert was when he rolled in?" Damon asked trying to get facts on the new guy. "He's nothing like John. For one, he's not an ass. He's not a believer either. He wants nothing to do with the council. He's too preoccupied finding the perfect wave." Liz said and rolled her eyes. "Thanks. See you." Damon said and Liz walked away. Damon continued to watch Mason and Carol; he wanted to see if little brother knew why the mayor was affected by the device.

At the front door Tyler and Cassie are still greeting people but Cassie's blood ran cold when she saw Elena with curly hair. Her eyes went to her chest above her chest. No necklace again. Katherine walked up the steps of the Lockwood house. Once she got to the top step; Tyler stopped her and grabbed her hand in appreciation. "Hey Elena, thanks for coming. Come on in." He said to her. Cassie shut her eyes as she realized Tyler just invited her in. Cassie put a smile on quickly. "Hey Lena." She said and hugged Katherine. "I know you're not Elena. We'll talk later." She whispered in Katherine's ear and pulled away from her. Katherine entered the house and turned back to look at Cassie. Cassie was glaring at her while Katherine just smiled at her and kept walking. Cassie turned to Tyler. "I gotta call Stefan and see where he is. I'll be right back." She said and walked to the driveway of the property and called Stefan.

Mystic Falls Hospital

Elena and Stefan were leaving the hospital when his phone went off. "It's Cassie." He informed Elena then answered it. "Cassie?" He asked. "Stefan, please tell me Elena's with you." Cassie said with fear in her voice. "Yeah she's with me why?" Stefan answered. Cassie let out a sigh of relief. "Oh because her stunt double is at the Lockwood's pretending to be her and I refuse to be nice to her again." Cassie said frustrated. Stefan rolled his eyes at the fact that Katherine was posing as Elena again. "Okay, we'll be there as soon as possible. Just stay away from her." Stefan ordered Cassie. "I will. Just hurry." Cassie said and hung up. Stefan hung up and sighed. "What is it?" Elena asked curiously. "Just your best friend saving our asses again by making everyone think Katherine is you." He said with an annoyed expression. Elena rolled her eyes. "Let's go." She said annoyed.