Chapter 73

Mystic Falls High School

Damon rushed to the school after Stefan called him and met him outside. The brothers didn't know where to begin. "This has Katherine written all over it." Stefan told his brother. "Katherine's in the tomb. Trust me; I'm the one who shut her in." Damon snapped at him. "Did you?" Stefan questioned him. "Did I what, Stefan?" Damon asked his brother about his question. "Well, I know the hold that Katherine has on you." Stefan said with doubt. "She's in the tomb, period. End of story but she did say something to me right before I shut her in. I thought she was lying." Damon admitted. "What did she say?" Stefan asked him. "Elena's in danger." Damon said simply. "What? And you didn't think you should ask her to elaborate?" Stefan asked with aggravation in his tone. "Everything she says is a lie. How am I supposed to know if she's gonna start spouting out the truth?" Damon asked Stefan. "We have to go talk to her." Stefan insisted. "No, no. Let me tell you how that's gonna go: We're gonna go ask her for help, she's gonna negotiate her release which we're gonna be dumb enough to give her and she's gonna get out and kill us! This is exactly what she wants!" Damon told his little brother. "I don't really care." Stefan said and started to walk away. "It's a bad idea, Stefan." Damon told him. "It's Elena and Cassie." He reminded his brother and walked off to go confront Katherine.

Old Abandoned Mansion

Cassie was pacing as Elena was still passed out when she heard Trevor and the woman talking. "How's the girl?" She asked Trevor. "Still passed out." He replied simply. "You didn't touch her, did you?" The woman asked skeptically. "Give me some credit. So, you called him?" Trevor asked her with worry in his voice. "No, I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." The woman said with an annoyed tone. "Did you or did you not get the message to Elijah?" Trevor asked impatiently. "They say he got it." The woman replied. "Wonderful and what?" Trevor asked with sarcasm. Cassie moved closer so she could hear more of their conversation. "So that's it Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." The woman added, now growing more impatient. "Look, it's not too late. We can leave it here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor said trying to talk her out of it. "I'm sick of running!" The woman yelled at him in frustration. "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Trevor said with sarcasm. "Elijah's old school. If he accepts our deal, we're free." The woman said with a positive smile. Behind Cassie, Elena woke up and made one of the floor boards creak as she stood. The woman saw Cassie eavesdropping. "You! There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" The woman yelled at Cassie. "Got it. Who's Elijah?" Cassie asked curiously. "He's your worst nightmare." The woman answered and walked away. Cassie turned and saw the fearful look on Elena's face. She had to figure out how to get them out of there.

Mystic Falls High School

Stefan and Bonnie were trying to come up with a plan to save the girls. "I can't undo the tomb spell, Stefan. Even if I wanted to. It took both me and my Grams to undo it the first time." Bonnie explained. "But I can open the door, right? I can talk to her?" Stefan asked trying to be clear. "Yeah but Damon's right. She's not gonna tell you anything, not without something in return." Bonnie agreed with Damon. "I know but Bonnie I have to do something. I have no idea who has Elena and Cassie; I have no idea where they are." Stefan pleaded to her. "What if there was another way to find them?" Bonnie asked him and smiled.

About ten minutes later, Jeremy and Bonnie were in Alaric's classroom. There was a map and two candles set up on Alaric's desk. "How does this is work?" Jeremy asked curiously, "I'll use your blood to draw energy for the tracking spell. You're blood related; it'll make the connection stronger." Bonnie explained to Jeremy. Stefan walked in with a bag on his shoulder. "Alright, Alaric said we've got to clear out of here within ten minutes. I've got weapons, he stocked me up." Stefan explained and plopped the bag down. "Are you ready?" Bonnie asked and Jeremy nodded. She cut Jeremy's hand; She put his hand over the map, so his blood would fall on the map. Bonnie concentrated herself to cast the spell. The blood drops all merged into one big blob and moved on the map toward the girl's location. "There. They're there." Bonnie said and pointed to the map. "That's 300 miles away." Jeremy said with confusion. "No, Bonnie. We need a more exact location than that." Stefan said anxiously. "That's as close as I can get." Bonnie said with an unfortunate tone. "We can map it, aerial view will show us what's around there, help us narrow down the area." Jeremy added in. "Perfect. Call me with whatever you find." Stefan said and began to leave. "No, no, I'm coming with you!" Jeremy said sternly. "No Jeremy, you're not." Stefan replied just as stern. "No, I'm gonna just sit here. What if they're hurt okay?" Jeremy insisted. While the boys were arguing, Bonnie began to have a nosebleed but she wiped it away quickly. "Or worse? What if one of them are...? Jeremy started to ask but Stefan stopped him. "They're not. You two go back to your house just in case. I'll call you the minute I find them." Stefan said trying to reassure Jeremy, "Well, you can't do this alone." Jeremy said as Damon walked in. "He's not. Let's go." Damon said quickly. "You're coming with me?" Stefan asked surprised. "It's Cassie and Elena." Damon said and walked out the door.