Chapter 107

Salvatore Boarding House
After Cassie left, Alaric and Damon moved Elijah's body down to the cellar. "You said there wasn't going to be any violence." Alaric reminded Damon. "Says the guy that did all the killing." Damon said as he started to walk out, but Alaric grabbed him. "Hey, I took the shot because I saw an opening, not because I planned to do this with Cassie & Jenna in the house. Cassie is never gonna forgive us for this. You know that right? Elijah was the only link she had to her past. Now, you can't lie to me like that again." Alaric told him. Damon tried to leave again, but Alaric grabbed him. "Hey, I am your friend, damn it. And you don't have any friends. So, no more lying." Alaric said angrily. Damon nodded and left. Alaric looked down at Elijah's body, walked out, and closed the cell door behind him.

Gilbert Lake House
Elena was sitting on the couch, still reading Jon's journals. Stefan walked down the stairs and into the room. "Elijah's dead. Alaric did it. Cassie saw the whole thing. She left hysterical crying and threatened Damon." Stefan said and sat on the couch with Elena. "I hope she's okay. Damon's been screwing with her non stop; this may have been the last straw for her. She and Elijah had a connection. I think it had something to do with her doppelganger but she never told me." Elena explained. "Did you even ask?" Stefan asked Elena. "What do you mean by that?" Elena asked slightly offended. "I mean Cassie always checks on you; she always stops everything she's doing or everything she has to do to find out what's going on with you; have you been doing the same for her?" Stefan asked more clearly.

Elena realized she hasn't ever stopped to ask Cassie how she's been through this whole thing; but that was just because Cassie never seemed to need checking up on. She was so much stronger than Elena; Elena knew that so she never thought Cassie may have needed her the way she needed Cassie. "No, I haven't. I honestly just didn't think she needed me to. She's so tough and closed off sometimes I just don't think she'd tell me even if I did ask." Elena admitted. "Maybe once in a while just try. She may need it. You never know." Stefan said with a shrug. Elena nodded in understanding.

Suddenly Elena's phone started ringing. It was Cassie. Elena answered it quickly. "Cassie are you okay?" Elena asked worried. "Elena, listen to me. I had a vision of Elijah at the Lake House; I don't know what it means but I'm on my way to you guys now." Cassie said fast while driving. Elena could hear her motor and tires screeching as Cassie made a sharp turn. "Wait, it says in the journal 'Originals believed in truth and honor. It was forbidden for a vampire to kill another vampire. So, the dagger would take both lives. And as long as the dagger stays in place, the Original, for all intents and purposes, is dead'." Elena read to Cassie and Stefan. "Alaric pulled the dagger out." Cassie said with fear in her tone. Stefan jumped off the couch and rushed to his phone to call Damon.

Salvatore Boarding House
Damon rushed to the cellar and saw that Elijah was gone.