Chapter 66

Salvatore Boarding House

Back at the Boarding House, Damon gathered everyone together so they had a stable team to get rid of Katherine. Cassie opened the front door to see Bonnie. "Hey, come on in." She said with a smile and moved so Bonnie could come in. "I got Stefan's message." Bonnie said quickly and walked in. Cassie shut the door behind her as Stefan approached them. "Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you." He said with a grateful smile. Bonnie looked around and saw Damon and Alaric talking with a lot of weapons on the table. "What's going on?" Bonnie asked Cassie and Stefan. "Well Um..." Cassie began to say but Jeremy cut her off. "We're gonna kill Katherine." Jeremy said as he walked by. Bonnie gave Cassie and Stefan a "are you kidding me?" look. Cassie and Stefan exchanged "crap" expressions. "We can explain." Stefan said to Bonnie. "Please." Bonnie said with a 'I hope you're joking' tone. Stefan looked at Cassie for what to say but Cassie shrugged. "We're gonna kill Katherine." Stefan said and turned to be with the rest of the group with Cassie behind him. The three of them walked over to a table where Alaric was showing a weapon to everybody. "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here. I have two of these in a different size. For you I recommend this. It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve. You use the trigger when you're ready." Alaric said as he faked killing a vampire. Damon and Stefan looked at each other. "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire." Alaric said to the brothers. "This is gonna be fun." Cassie said with a smile.

Katherine's Room

Back in town, Katherine was straightening her curly hair. "What's with the hair?" Lucy asked with a smirk. "I'm impersonating my dull-as-dishwater doppelgänger Elena. She has the worst taste." Katherine said with a scowl."Except in men. Isn't it a risk pretending to be her in front of the entire town?" Lucy asked with caution. "I've gotten quite good at it actually and everyone's gonna be in masks. It's for some feed this, something charity. It's for a good cause Lucy." Katherine persuaded her. "Hum, okay. Well, have you actually seen the moonstone before? I always thought it was some made up legend." Lucy said skeptically. "I have seen it and I need you to help me get it back." Katherine said with a smirk. "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do with it?" Lucy asked her. Katherine looked uncomfortable. "You want me to break the curse." Lucy said in realization. "Let's just get it first. All I really need from you is backup. I can't imagine that Damon and Stefan are just gonna hand it over without putting up a fight." Katherine told her.

Salvatore Boarding House

As the gang is gearing up to take on Katherine, Bonnie was still nervous. "Bonnie what are you thinking?" Cassie asked her concerned. "Look, I wanna help and Stefan, I know you love Elena and you want to be with her but it's risky. Too many people could get hurt." Bonnie explained frantically. "Look, I want Elena back, yes but it's more than that." Stefan told Bonnie. Cassie interrupted him. "What Katherine did to Jenna it crossed the line. She has to be stopped before it happens again." Cassie explained their reasoning to Bonnie. "I don't know you guys." Bonnie said with a sigh. "Bonnie, I'm going to help you." Cassie said trying to convince her. "How?" Bonnie asked her not understanding. "I'm gonna help you with the spells." Cassie said with a smile. Bonnie's face lightened slightly when she realized she'd have another person to help with the spell aspect of this trap. "Katherine knows me, right? She knows that I'm not gonna try something in a crowd full of innocent people so that gives me an edge. I could catch her by surprise." Stefan told them both. "I could do a spell to trap her, like the tomb spell." Bonnie agreed with resistance. "Right. We can isolate her, away from the others. Please Bonnie?" Stefan pleaded to her. She looked at Cassie and Stefan and smiled. "Okay." She said to them. Cassie and Stefan looked at each other and smiled. "Are you sure you guys don't want me there tonight?" Alaric asked the group. "No, we need you to stay with Elena." Cassie answered quickly. "Yeah, we don't want her to know about this." Stefan added. "Okay. Well, I'll make sure she doesn't leave my sight." Alaric said assuredly. "Okay, if anybody wants to back out, we'll understand." Cassie said as she addressed the group. "Yeah. Cold feet speak now. I don't want this going wrong if someone chicken's out. Caroline?" Damon asked and looked at her. "I won't. Look, she killed me. Fair's fair. As long as there's no werewolf running around." Caroline said with worry. "Oh, I took care of Mason." Damon said to her. "As long as Tyler doesn't kill anyone, he won't turn." Jeremy added with a nod. "Bonnie? Are you with us?" Cassie asked her with hope. There was a moment of deafening silence before Bonnie nodded. "But no one gets hurt." She said firmly. "Except Katherine." Stefan said with confidence. "Tonight Katherine gets a stake through her heart." Damon said with that same crazed look in his eyes. Cassie smirked at Damon and he grabbed her hand. "We've got this guys." Cassie said encouragingly to the group.