Fly sat nav, fly!

We continue driving for a bit longer, its silent in the van and I keep glancing to Watson and Davis.

Watson I notice has blonde, silverish hair and a few wrinkles here and there. He looks older than I think he actually is.
And then there's Davis who has chocolate curls and a chiseled face, he's always got the same coat on and has eyes that just pierce you.

The thing is, I've become quite fond of these two and want to at least stay in touch after this whole crazy thing has blown over.

Is that possible? To stay in touch and be friends with detectives?
They might not even want to hang around with us after all this, they might just say bye and leave.
It kind of makes me sad.

"Watson what is this thing doing?" Davis asks, gesturing to the sat nav. Watson looks at it and presses a button before it starts to glitch like mad.
"Watson, fix it."

"I'm trying!" He huffs. I lean over the front seat and take a look.
I spot that the wire is just loose at the back.

As I'm about to tell them Davis grabs the sat nav and throws it out the window leaving it behind us as we continue to drive.

"Why did you do that?" I ask.

"This is why I take taxi's. Make note Watson that we're no longer using the mystery machine." Davis mumbles. I sit back down and sigh.
"Don't do that."

I look up and see that Davis is talking to me. "Do what?" I question, furrowing my eyebrows.

"That. Don't sigh and have doubt. It's depressing." He replies.
Chris starts snickering in the corner, hiding his face in his hands.
I whack his knee and smile.

"Well, do you have any idea where we need to go?" Watson asks, crossing his arms and looking out the window.
Of course, without the sat nav we don't have the co-ordinates for Phil's phone.

"Yes. Of course." Davis replies. We all raise an eyebrow at him and he clears his throat before shaking his head. "Do any of you have Google Maps?" He asks in a low voice, dipping his head a little.

And then Chris starts laughing again, snorting into my shoulder.
"Chris shut up you plonk, you're so immu- STOP!" I shout, spotting something familiar on the road in front.

And Davis literally does stop, by which I mean he slams on the breaks so Chris and I once again fall on each other and Watson hits the head board.

"What is your damn problem?!" Chris groans. I help him up and check if everyone else is okay.
Watson rubs his head whilst Davis sits there looking at his watch, completely un-phased by what just happened.

"Why did we stop?" He asks impatiently, his bright eyes staring up like a childs.
I think this guy gets bored way too easily.

"You're not even worried about Watson?" I ask, gesturing to the poor bloke sat beside him who is still rubbing his forehead.

"No. Why should I? He's easily replaceable." Davis shrugs. I widen my eyes and as I'm about to say something Watson just waves it off.

"Don't worry about me. Now, why the stop?"
I nod and head out the van towards the thing I spotted.

I reach down and pick up the keys on the floor.
But they're not just any keys.

"That's Phil's keys!" Chris exclaims, walking up behind me. Davis and Watson following shortly after.
I nod with a small smile and look around.

Nothing but trees and a road.
Why are Phil's keys in the middle of the road?
This also proves why I have a spare set, he always looses his.

A snap then brings me to attention and I see Davis walking into the bushes, Watson following after.
How is Watson not mad? Their friendship is too bizarre.

Chris and I jog after them and once we push through the twigs and leaves, we both gawk at what he found.

"A van? how did you even know that was here?" Chris questions, walking over to the black transportation just parked at the edge of a woodland.
Davis bends down to the exhaust pipe and stiffs it before scrunching up his nose and standing again.

"It's recently used. The drivers can't be far from here and if those are your friends keys then we must be close." Davis explains. Watson coughs and tilts his head towards us, as if wanting him to give us more information.
"Oh right um, the bushes had an obvious gap through them and the ground was more muddy in one area which showed it was used as a regular path, also the trees were slightly ajar from their bad parking skills. So they're either young or in their forties, wait..." Davis looks in through the window of the van and nods.
"yep, forties."

Chris and I stand with our mouths open.
This guy is brilliant. That was incredible.

Watson just smiles proudly behind as if he knew some of the sort of things Davis would say.

"So if we're close, then they must be in the woods?" Chris suggests, pointing into the cascade of trees. Watson nods before looking around in confusion.

"Wait shouldn't the police be here by now? Sally grouped them after we left?" He questions looking up at Davis. Davis shakes his head and starts striding through the trees. I follow suite and Chris follows me.
"What have you done?" Watson whines, keeping up with us.

"Police are a waste of time. And time that gets wasted is frustrating." He replies and I chuckle before looking over at Chris.

He's taking in the scenery but is walking faster than usual. I think that he's starting to want to just find them now. We had our laughs but it's time to actually focus, although it is hard when you have two detectives that squabble like a married couple.

That gives me a thought.

I glance over to Davis and Watson and they're walking side by side normally, Davis is towering over Watsons shorter figure.
Are they even together?
Watson doesn't seem like that kind of guy but Davis...

I shake the thoughts and mentally scold myself for questioning them. Now is not the time Pj.

"What's going to happen when we do find them?" Chris questions, his hands shoved tightly into his pockets.

I look at him questionably. "Do you mean within the friendship group?" I reply and he nods.
"Well I'm sure that since you helped save them, we can all learn to get along again. I miss the fantastic foursome."

Chris looks up and smiles, his eyes glistening slightly. "Me too, Peej."

"Wait, the fantastic what?!" Davis suddenly chirps over my shoulder. I jump a little and he steps back.

"Why were you even listening?" Chris asks.

Watson groans and shakes his head. "Sorry. You will get used to his behaviour." Davis shoots his eyes to Watson as if questioning why his behaviour is something to get used to.
"He also doesn't apologise." Watson adds and Davis raises a finger.

"I did once and that was to you because you went off in a sulk." he objects.

"It wasn't my fault that you were treating me like rubbish,"

"Well you wouldn't believe what I saw in the forest that time outside of London."

"You said it was a giant dog, it's not something easily washed over as normal Davis!"

"Can you guys fix your domestics later please? We have our friends to find right now." I intersect.
They both pause and look to me before eachother and then back to me.

"Domestics? We aren't a couple." Watson replies, moving away from Davis slightly. I raise an eyebrow along with Chris.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks this then.

Watson huffs. "Seriously we just-"

Watson is cut off by a scream, a male scream.
A quite familiar male scream.

Davis is already dashing off in its direction, the three of us soon following.
As we get closer I hear a word that makes every hair on my arm stick up.

"Phil no stop, You're killing him!" Dans voice cries, clearly.
A building comes into sight, we're all puffing but carry on, fuelled by the need to rescue our friends.

Please don't let us be too late.