Delicate death

The door handle turns as the people on the other side struggle to open the door. Chris and Pj look at us with terror.
I know how they feel; not knowing what's about to happen or who is going to get hurt first.
It's scary and I never wanted to experience that feeling again but I'm obviously not cut out for living a simple life.

The door flies open but it's not who we expect. We all widen our eyes at the two people in the doorway.

"Davis, Watson?" Pj questions, stepping forward. Chris grins at them and I also find myself relaxing when seeing their faces.
Davis is stood with his curly hair behind Watson's shorter figure, searching around the room.
They always seem to come to the rescue.

"Davis had a bad feeling so we came to find you," Watson explains. "Now let's go, we haven't got long." He instructs.
We all nod and start walking to the door.

A gun shot is then heard, making us all jump and whip our heads around to see where it came from.
Phil and I look at each other; he's not hurt.
I look to Pj and Chris; they're still standing.

"Davis!" We all turn to the doorway where Davis falls on his knees, cracking them and making a thud sound as he fully falls to the ground. Watson kneels down and holds his friend, Pj and Chris also rushing over. Phil slaps his hands over his mouth in shock and I find myself also gawking at what just happened.
Blood spills from Davis' chest and he's getting short of breath, his chest rising and falling in a spastic action.
"Davis come on, you're going to be okay!" Watson exclaims and applies pressure to the wound, the blood covering his hands.

I hold Phil in my arms as he hides his face into my chest, he obviously doesn't want to see what's happening, I don't even know how I'm managing to watch this.

Pj and Chris try helping by supporting Davis' head as he's gasping for air. "W-Watson,"

"Shut up Davis, just... you're going to be fine." Watson cries, his face red with frustration. "God dammit please!"
Davis sort of smiles and manages a weak laugh.

"Your mind is so blank. I'm obviously going to die." He coughs.
Phil sniffs and keeps hiding into my shoulder. Chris starts crying into Pj's arm and I feel so sorry for Watson, I know what he's going through.

How did this even happen? Where did the shot even come from?

"You're an idiot. You're a genius and yet you manage to get shot." Watson laughs, tears still falling down his face.
"Please."

"Goodbye, Watson." Davis' chest stops moving and the room falls silent apart from the sniffles and whimpers.
Watson Stares at his friend, a slow tear placed upon his cheek.

Chuckling then arises from the other side of the door, Toad walking in, twirling his gun in his hand. Pj leans in front of Chris as they're sat on the floor and Watson just glares up at him.
"What a shame, did your detective friend die?" Toad smirks.

Watson gets up and lashes forward at him, only for Pj to quickly hold him back before he actually manages to hurt Toad.
"You asshole!" Watson spits, still trying to get at him.

"Please Watson this isn't going to make things any better!" Pj exclaims desperately still attempting to calm him.
Watson sighs and hides his face into Pj's shoulder.
Chris and Pj lead him over to the other side of the room, away from Davis and Toad.

Kate turns up and widens her eyes at Davis' body. "What the fuck is this?" She snaps, pointing at him.

"A bouncy castle. What do you think it is?" Toad growls, rolling his eyes.

"For Christ sake you can't go one minute without shooting someone." She huffs and punches his arm before looking over at Phil and I, our arms still around each other. "Separate them, they don't like being apart." She instructs.
I widen my eyes along with Phil as Toad just smirks and points his gun at us.