Downhill... All the way to hell.

Kate and I walk up to Phil and I's flat door, my hands shaking and for some reason I just have a bad feeling about this.

Why am I even worrying?!
Calm down Dan. Kate is only a friend and Phil is your boyfriend.

"What's Phil like then?" Kate suddenly asks. I look down at her and rummage my pockets for my keys.

"Erm, he's wonderful, nice, sweet and funny. I'm sure you'll like him." I reply, inserting the key and twisting it, unlocking the door.

Kate nods and smiles. "You obviously think highly of him." She says.

"Y-yeah. I care about him." We both share a smile as I push open the door.
We walk up the stairs, Kate following behind. "Phil?" I call, searching through the flat.

It's a silent response. I turn to Kate and gesture her to stay where she is.
"Phil?!" I shout.

"Yeah?"

I breathe out in relief when hearing his reply from his bedroom. A smile slides back onto my face and I turn back to Kate.

"Sorry. I get worried." she shrugs and hugs my arm.

"It's fine. It's so sweet that you care about him. I have a brother who is always getting himself in trouble, he got shot a month ago when at work." She replies, her bright eyes looking up and swimming with colours.

I widen my eyes and nearly gasp. "Oh my god, is he okay?" I question.

She chuckles and nods. "Yeah. He says he's getting 'revenge' or some crap like that. I'm just letting him do whatever." I chuckle whilst gazing at her.

Someone then clears their throat, making me turn my head to see Phil watching us from the entrance of his room. I then notice how Kate is hugging my arm and how we were both smiling at each other.
Phil's face is filled with confusion as he continues to look on.

"Hey Phil," I chirp and pull my arm out of Kate's grasp, making her pout slightly. "You okay?" I question.

He nods and licks his lips. "Yeah. I'm good. Who is this?" He asks, gesturing to Kate.
She waves and grins towards him.

"This is Kate. My friend." I inform.

"Nice to meet you!" She chimes and skips forward, shaking Phil's hand with her cheeks puffing up. "I've heard loads about you."

Phil nods and smiles politely. I cough and lead Kate to the kitchen area. "Why don't you help yourself to some food or drink? I'll be in, in a second." Kate smiles and walks into the kitchen, the sound of drawers opening a few seconds after.

Phil turns to me and raises an eyebrow. "You two looked cosy." He scoffs, crossing his arms.

I sigh and step forward, placing my hands on his hips. "She's a very touchy friend, she likes hugs. Sorry if it gave off the wrong impression, Lion." I reply tugging him forward.
He places his arms around my neck and fiddles with the hair on the nape of my head.

"Hm, just make sure she doesn't try anything. Last night wasn't just for fun." My cheeks heat up at the mention of our yesterdays 'activities'. I know how much it meant to him and I wouldn't just throw away our love.

I peck his lips and push him lightly to the bedroom. "I'll ask her to leave if she makes you uncomfortable." I suggest.
Phil shakes his head and steps forward.

"No. I'm not going to be one of those jealous boyfriends. She can stay, I'll start up the playstation in the living room." We share a smile and depart, me heading to Kate and him to the living room.