Round two

I stay led on Phil's chest, listening closely to his heart beat.
The cold air of the room makes my skin litter with goose bumps, I shuffle closer into Phil's body.

I think what we would be doing right now at home.
Playing video games? Watching TV?
Eating? probably eating.
Speaking of eating, I'm starving, Phil probably is too.

His arm tightens around me and his legs wrap around mine.
We both lay side by side awake and just letting our minds wonder to different thoughts and feelings.
Laying here with Phil, it's a comfort. I'm actually glad that I followed him outside last night, other wise he would be alone and scared.
Well, even more scared than he is now.
He's acting brave for me.

Our heads lift at the sound of footsteps approaching the door.
It's unlocked and Rat walks in with a smirk on his face. Toad is no where to be seen but he can't be far away.

"Hello boys," He croaks, coughing slightly.
You can smell the nicotine and smoke on him.

Phil and I untangle from each other but stay fairly close.
"I hope you've got your strength back because it's time for round two." He grins, picking up the broken chair from the corner.
Toads steps are heard coming down the stairs and i spot in his hand a pen knife.

"Who is going to take the punishment this time?" Rat questions, standing beside Toad.

Phil pushes himself up, making Toad raise an eyebrow. "Well done Phillip." Toad gestures him forward and once he's close enough, they kick him down so that he falls on the ground.

"Phil!" I exclaim and crawl over to him. Small groans escape his lips as I move his hair from his eyes, Rat and Toad chuckle before I get pulled away from him.
I start kicking and thrashing about, trying to get back to Phil.
"Let go of me, don't touch him!" I shout.

Toad bends down to Phil and grabs his jumper, pulling it off so that he's topless again.
He forcefully turns Phil over so that he's led on his stomach.

I continue trying to get out of Rats grip.
I can't let Phil do this for me.
"I'll take his place, I'll do it, just don't hurt him!" I yell.

"Too late boy. The choice has been made." Rat chuckles into my ear.

I watch in fear as Toad brings the pen knife to Phil's skin. He pushes down and Phil starts crying out.
"Stop it!" My shouts of protests are lost in Phil's screams.

But it's over quickly.
Rat let's me go and Toad starts heading up stairs.
Blood trickles down Phil's back but as I'm about to go and help him I'm pulled back again.

Rat ties rope around my hands and pulls me against the wall. "What are you doing?! Let me see him!" I yell.
He ties me to the wall so that I can't go over to Phil and even though I desperately try to undo the bondage, it's useless.
Rat just smirks before heading up stairs, locking the door.

"Phil! Speak to me!" I exclaim, tears brushing my face. He just mumbles into the floor and I pick up small sobs escaping his lips.
"I'm so sorry,"

He slowly manages to push himself up and I widen my eyes at the words carved into his skin.
'fag'
Small whimpers come from his mouth along with the tears soaking his face.

"D-Dan," he stutters, searching for my assistance.

"I'm here." I reply. He turns around and widens his eyes.

"Wha- why are you there?" He croaks and I turn so he can see the rope. "Are you alright?"

"Shut up Phil. Look at you! Why are you asking it I'm alright?!" I snap, instantly regretting it by the look on his face.
"I'm sorry, come here."
I say softly.

Phil manages to pull his jumper back on and crawls painfully over to me.
He lies on my lap and I reach down to place a kiss to his forehead.

"What did he write on my back?" He asks, tracing circles on my knees.
I sigh and lean back against the wall.
"We'll get out of here soon. Won't we?"

"I hope."