One foot in front of the other.

The taxi continues driving down the road, the break of day not to be seen for a few more hours.
Buildings stand tall and light from people still not asleep or waking up at this god forsaken time.

I glance over at Phil who is looking out the window, anxiously or excitedly tapping his foot, I can't tell what emotions he's feeling.
He shouldn't be the nervous one, he's the one who knows where we're going!

As if on call the taxi stops. I look out the window and see we're at the city hall just outside of London. It's rarely used and Phil and I have only been here once for an autumn fair.
It's quite pretty inside if I remember correctly.

"Thank you," Phil says and hands the driver the money before getting out. I follow his lead and thank the driver too.

The cold wind hits my face like a slap from a spatula, the cool air embracing my body like a skin tight swimsuit.
"Jesus Phil, why on earth have bought us here?!" I exclaim, my arms wrapped tightly around my own torso.
He chuckles and takes my hand, leading me towards the building.
I laugh as I follow behind him. "Seriously stop with all these surprises."

"But it's fun!" He smiles. I watch as he opens the doors, the magnificent structure of the old city hall towering above us.
We both gawk at the giant chandelier hanging over the hall, benches and chairs stacked up to the sides along with a stage to the back of the room.

I suddenly get a burst of energy and sprint into the middle of the hall, jumping once I'm at the centre. Phil turns on the chandelier, creating a low glow.
"This is amazing!" I exclaim, staring up at the light fixture.

"I know- wait I think there's a music player around the back of the stage, I'll be back." Phil informs and jogs over to the stage.
I bite my lip and smile towards my feet, wriggling them a little.

It's quiet and cool in here, it's not freezing any more which for me is defiantly a life saver since I was freezing my tits off outside.

Music starts playing, making me jump and turn to the stage. Phil does his little hand dance to the slow music, watching me as he walks across the stage, apart from his feet get tangled and he trips.
Thankfully he manages to stable himself whilst I burst out laughing before opening out my arms.
"Come on then Lester, show me your moves,"

He smiles and jumps down, walking over to me.
"You know I can't dance." He pouts and stands chest to chest to me.
I chuckle and pull him closer by his hips.

"I'll teach you. Although I'm not much better myself." I inform. He nods and bumps our noses together. "Alright, put your arms around my neck."

"I don't refuse to that." We smile and I relax as he places his arms around me. "Now what?"

I move him closer to me and navigate his hips with my fingers. "Move your feet along to mine, just go with the music."

He nods but then furrows his brow at me. "Shouldn't I be technically leading?"

"Excuse me? Whose the one who doesn't know how to dance?" Phil sticks out his bottom lip before placing his head on my shoulder, digging into my neck. I start giggling like mad and push him away a little.
"Woah, stay away from the neck."

"But I like your neck." He whines and moves closer.
I gasp when his lips press against my sensitive skin, pressing a small kiss and then multiple along my jaw.

Not going to lie but it feels really good, especially when he starts nipping at the skin, making my hands clench onto his hips and waist.

"Yep, okay, back to dancing." I groan and push him back again. Phil's got a stupid smirk tugging at his lips as he looks down at our feet again. "Right. One foot in front of the other," I mumble, watching as Phil tries to copy me.

He keeps stepping on my feet but I let it slide, literally I slip and fall back only for Phil to catch me so my back is arched backwards and Phil is leaning over me.

His fringe falls over his face as he looks down at me, my arms now around his neck as his is now around my waist. "Told you I lead."

"Shut up you idiot," I laugh and lift my head up so that my lips place upon his.
We both smile against the kiss, giggling like two school girls that just got asked out by their crush.

The doors then wobble, the sign of someone trying to get in. "Whose in there?!" A voice calls.
Phil and I widen our eyes and quickly sort ourselves out before sprinting to the back of the stage.

As we get to the back the doors open and the sound of the person walking in can be heard.
We both grin and open the back door to exit, the morning sun shining through and showing just how long we've actually been here.

"Quick go, go, go!" I exclaim and shove Phil out, following him after. He grabs my hand and pulls me along down the road, both laughing like lunatics.
"That was fucking crazy!"

"I know, but I want to it again, oh my god!" Phil cries, leaning against the bus stop sign.

We calm down a little and I find myself just smiling warmly like an idiot at this idiot in front of me.
Phil sees me staring at him and blushes before looking away.
I lift up his chin and kiss his nose. "I love you."

"Same here bear. But with you." He chuckles.
"Now let's go home before Pj and Chris burn the place down."

"Hm, Chris maybe, not Pj."

"Ooh good for Pj!" Phil sarcastically chirps.

"Awe are you jealous?" I question, resting my forehead against his.
He sucks in his lips and shakes his head, only for that shake to turn into a nod. "You're such a child."

He pulls me into him and nips my lip. "You love it though."

I roll my eyes. "Course I do."

"Excuse me!" A voice suddenly exclaims. I spin around to see a woman and her child standing on the path. "I understand that you can't help being filthy sinners but at least do it in the privacy of your own homes!" She snaps.

Phil whimpers behind me, holding my arm tightly. Anger boils up inside me but I choose to keep calm and be dignified.
"I really do feel sorry for your daughter. We have every right to be together than you or your husband do, this man make me happy and has saved my life so if you don't mind not insulting us I'd appreciate it." I reply, hiding my clenched fist behind my back.

The woman just screws her nose up and continues walking, where as the daughter sort of stares for a little while, tilting her head before smiling. "I think you're cute together. Sorry about mummy, she doesn't like Uncle Sam and Uncle Jim either, but I like them. I also have two teddies who are called boy names." She chirps in a small voice.
Phil let's out a small 'aw' behind me and steps forward, kneeling in front of her.

"Thank you, you're very sweet and I have a feeling you're going to grow up and do amazing things." He praises. She giggles and lunges forward into Phil's arms, hugging him.
I smile at the scene in complete 'awe' and have to cover my mouth with my hand.

"Destiny get here now!" Her mother calls angrily. The girl mumbles sorry but waves as she skips off.

Phil stays kneeled down for a second, watching the little girl walk away.
I look at him and smile to myself as a loving smile is on his face.

Oh I do love this man.
Now let's hope we have a flat to return to when we get home.