28. The secret of The Lagoon

"They can be, but it happens really rarely it's the most powerful secret of The Lagoon."

"What do you mean?"

"It was a summer day like today when me and Ellie had come here. She had a really rough morning in the hospital getting some heavy medication, but she begged me to go. I know a secret passage to sneak in here without your guard noticing so I took her with me. The sun has just set, a twilight was falling, we were sitting in the sand watching the sky when she suddenly began to squeal 'Dad! Dad! Look Blue Birds!' I lifted my head and indeed that rare exposure of light made the flying birds rich blue. It was a spectacle I have never seen before, never seen after, I guess it was this one in a century moment created for Ellie. Since that day she began to feel better, never shutting up about the Blue Birds, drawing them having picnics and walks with Lora and Tedy. I know if she could see them again she would be fine." Jeno smiled to his thoughts when I was watching him stunned.

"So the Blue Birds don't exist?" I stuttered.

"Does and outer universe exist?" He looked at me seriously. "Do we know? Even if Blue Birds are just a mirage of light, the color of the sky and ocean reflecting on feathers does it make them less real if they can make somebody alive?"

I was barely breathing watching him like hypnotized, unable to form any actual words.

So he has come here to defend Ellie's dream like I have been chasing grandfather's.

Jeno just licked his lips when my eyelids fell, our faces leaning in, my heart almost leaving my chest from beating when our lips brushed so normally yet amazingly.

It was just warm, his firm lips holding onto mine, my fingertips tangling in his hair pulling him closer to deepen the kiss. My tongue touching his on the way begging for entrance so he just allowed me to please him. Out lips moving in synch, in a trance of just a simple connection as close as sweet, only humanly possible. Wasn't it a miracle in itself that two people could even meet that way.

The world has definitely stopped to turn, what do I say the world, The whole galaxy when we were watering each other's faces in a pleasant way unable to stop.

It took long minutes, the sun has almost sunken into the ocean when we pulled back watching each other stunned until Jeno smiled, the most beautiful eyes smile I've ever seen. Deeply precious.

"Wow." He whispered caressing down my face with his trembling fingertips.

I just kissed the inner side of his palm. It had a great smell, I loved the scent of his palms. I was drunk again but this time from a connection I have been missing all my life.

There were no words which could describe how I was feeling so I only pulled him back kissing hungrily pulling his hair in my fists.

We were panting hard when we let go, our nose tips brushing.

"Take me. I have always dreamed to have a date in The Lagoon but I waited for someone special." I whispered almost on his lips.

"I'm no one and not special." Muttered Jeno.

"You are Lee Jeno that damn hottest pilot, protester, dealer and father on the planet." I laughed at that ridiculous phrase, although the word father hit me hands as some unwanted memories were coming back.

Father. Was it because Jeno indeed was a father, a father of a dying girl. My life story unrolling in front of my eyes with light speed. It made me stop to kiss him, my hands fell along my body almost lifelessnessly, as if I had just crossed the border of the universe dissolving into an eleven dimensional being.

"Jaemin is this ok?" Jeno must have noticed the change in my face.

"It is, just thought about my family."