36. Enemy

The warm water drops were sprinkling on my body, the tail wall was slowly heating up. Jeno was standing in the corner of the cabin. I was just pressing him to the wall, our fingers gliding down and up our chests, faces, sides, backs, thighs. I was more than drunk, more than addicted, more than a mad man, a lunatic. The way he had taken me on my bed almost an hour ago was as if a tornado has crossed my inner house. Jeno was the most passionate lover I have ever had, the most skilled lover, the most precious in a way.

His palm rested on my cheek, his eyes carried some nostalgia when he bent his head to the side watching me.

"I can't believe you will be gone in a week and three days." His palm trembled.

"You can come with me." I leaned in to catch his lips in mine.

"I can't. Ellie needs me."

I let go of his lips watching his trained chest rather than his face.

"So let's cherish what we have here even more."

"Jaemin!"

"What?"

"Are those really your words?" Jeno looked at me seriously.

"Yes, why?" I asked buffed.

"So why are you ready to destroy The Lagoon?"

A long sigh left my lips. I started to draw the line of his abs with my fingertips.

"I actually came with the plan to ask you to save The Lagoon."

My finger stopped, I was watching his chest, the stone muscles of his arms, the water dripping down all of it. Why was that perfection of a man saying such nonsense things?

"I mean you have the money, the power, you can definitely build that thing you're building somewhere else."

"Jeno! Look at me." I caught his face in my hands. "I wish there would be another way. I really wish. I love The Lagoon as much as you and Ellie do, but it's the only place where the connection of ocean and land's gravity can give my spacecraft enough power to have the right speed while reaching the orbit. If there was another place I'd gladly save The Lagoon but there isn't."

I saw the hope filled glitters in Jeno's eyes dying.

"I thought I can make you reconsider..."

"I know it's Ellie's dream to see the Blue Birds again. I know. If you like my science team can build an AI Lagoon which will look exactly the same and be housed by magnificent Blue Birds just for her."

"No, spare yourself the effort." Jeno looked away from me.

"Jeno I'm not your enemy. I want all the best for you and Ellie. It's just that three generations of my family have worked their asses off for that project. It has been 52 years of preparation. This can not go to waste. Ellie's dream is to see the Blue Birds again and it can happen virtually or anywhere where light will play the right part, but my dream is to reach the Outer Universe and I have this chance."

"You could do it later or differently."

"The world is changing, soon it will stop housing us, also the scientist have proof that comet 'Bianca' that will fly though the Solar System soon might invade the axis of Earth slightly which will have an impact on gravity, not enough for us to worry, but enough for Outer Space to not to reach full speed, and it needs full speed for the crew to be able to reach the edge of the universe in their lifetime."

Jeno swallowed, I wasn't sure, but the shower stream might have been washing off some of his tears, if there have been any.

"Will you really become immortal after reaching it?" Asked Jeno he didn't sound convinced.

"All data tends towards it, if the mission succeeds we can maybe become eleven dimensional creatures, which will travel though space and time, take any form that we like, be like..." gods I ended in my mind feeling almost like Hendery.

Jeno nodded.

"Will it be ok if my company makes a virtual Lagoon for Ellie?"

"As I said spare yourself the effort and money, me and Ellie... we prefer the real things how small and limited they are. Still we cherish them over all imaginary or virtual stuff."
Jeno's hands seemed impatient when he was squeezing the skin of my hips in his fingers.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Crap no, but it was worth a try." Jeno took a loud breath in. "I found out the City Gardens had burned and I'm the main suspect." He shook his head in disbelief. "And that boy Mark is in prison for it. I mean he looked like a good guy when he had come to the clinic, not someone who does crap like this, burns down the lungs of the city, destroys all the plants and animals that lived there and kills over three thousand people." Jeno shook his head miserably.

"The police is still investigating the case, it's nothing known for sure." That uncomfortable feeling returned so abruptly.

"I just don't know why people do things like that, there are less and less green spaces left on our planet." Jeno bit his lip.

"Someone really hates me and wants to destroy my dream."

Our eyes met, there was some hidden tension.

"I'm not your enemy." Muttered Jeno looking straight into my eyes.

I just nodded scooping a bit closer so our bodies touched in an electrifying way.

I wanted to trust Jeno, I needed to trust Jeno, more than I actually trusted myself. For that moment I just let go off all doubts, of trying to figure out what side he was on and just love, make love and be loved so I connected our lips melting in his taste.

 For that moment I just let go off all doubts, of trying to figure out what side he was on and just love, make love and be loved so I connected our lips melting in his taste

Thank you so much for your love. Did you enjoy the chapter? What do you think about Nomin's conversation and Jeno's words? Can it change something?

Much <3