9. Date in the Lagoon

"I want privacy." I muttered slamming the car door shut.

"I'll stay here." Lucas nodded handing the picnic basket and the blanket to me.

I decided to spend the afternoon on a date in The Lagoon, but not a date with Thee-San. Just me myself and I - my only partner.

I had those moments, especially right before crucial decisions when I had to rethink my life.
The sand was warm under my feet, the breeze playing with my shirt and hair strings. Uncle Taeyong's house was visible, now all empty like each other villa that was surrounding The Lagoon. My company had paid those people insane money to force them to move out, including my uncle.

The white grand piano in his room was visible through the huge windows as his house has been just glass and space. He had left it all here as a silent protest, never spoken with me or my mother again.

I cut that thoughts, recalling grandfather's words - every milestone in history needs sacrifices. Grandfather would be proud seeing how far I have come towards that dream. Would he launch earlier?

I stopped for a second considering whether to turn back and call Hendery but a flock of birds raised up over The Lagoon making a huge noise. I lifted my head watching them, suddenly so close to tears I couldn't even understand.

To ignore I walked down the beach swiftly spreading the blanket into the sand opening the basket, taking out fine cakes my chefs have prepared, opening a bottle of white wine, spilling the liquid into a crystal glass.

"Grandfather it's for you!" I raised the cheers to the sky drinking down the whole glass.

My emotional state calmed a bit so I rolled up the jeans, took off the shirt to let the breeze kiss my skin then ran to the waves. The ocean was icy, as always. It never warmed up. The peaceful natural pool of The Lagoon had that turquoise shade when I fell into it with a laugh swimming a few rounds to cool off all tiredness of my almost decision. The water was so damn salty it burned on my face when I walked out onto the beach lying down on the blanket observing distant storm clouds far above the hills. They needed at least five hours to reach The Lagoon so I could stay here completely unbothered.

I rolled on my belly to catch a glimmer of the ponds surrounded by thick palm trees you couldn't see anywhere else in the city. There were hundreds of birds bathing in them. 35 species how Hendery have said. Only 35 species. The birds could fly so they would move to a different region although everything else all around the city were deserted wastelands. Still I could ask the local government to open up a part of the roofs of City Gardens so they could fly in and out freely. We didn't need to destroy them, we could just make them change place like uncle Taeyong and his neighbors. So Lee Jeno's protest made absolutely no sense.

What about blue birds? Asked my mind when I fell back on my back looking at the endless blue of the sky above me. There aren't any blue birds.

I could launch this month. The stars didn't need to wait for me any longer. Why have I declined Hendery's offer when it was sure September will bring some hectic movements in the Asteroid Field because of a comet flushing through the Solar System and by that time Outer Space could already be on it's way out of the galaxy.
What was it then? Because I wished to visit The Lagoon a few more times, stay in that serenity that had carried so many of my happiest memories a bit longer. Because I have always wished to take my only one on a date in The Lagoon, but I haven't met the person yet. Won't probably meet in the next two months, yet if there was that glimmer of a chance, I wanted that illusion to be with me until it can last. I hav been a hopeless dreamer all my life and I will probably stay one till my last day.

The salty water was drying on my skin giving it an extra layer, like Thee-San's kisses. The flock of birds was coming back when it finally hit me that I needed these two more moths to settle with the thought of never ever being able to come here or anywhere, at least not in that way. The hopeless dreamer me wasn't ready to let go of The Lagoon yet.

"Good luck." Lucas raised his crossed finger when I gulped washing some sweat drops off my face. Was it really so hard, to tell a woman I finally want something more than just random hook ups.

"I'll need it man."

Where was all my man pride and courage I wondered pushing the patio door open to see Thee-San standing in the opened terrace door observing the rain. Her long green-golden dress was falling to the floor. I noticed she was barefoot, the high heels were lying on the carpet.

"Jaemin." Her cheeks became rosy when she turned to me.

My heart was one pounding mess, my breath short but I took my courage together approaching her, placing my hands on her face, pulling her into a deep tongue filled kiss.

"I've missed you." I whispered.

"Jaemin why are you so strange today. You normally don't say things like that."

Her blue eyes landed on me and I wished nothing more than to kiss her again.

"Anyway, I have chosen a dress that is very easily removable and no underwear as promised." She bit her lip playfully bringing me over the edge of longing again.

"You're so." I laughed pulling her closer by her waist, our lips meeting in a few pecks.

She started to unbutton my shirt but I stopped her hands.

"Honey I want you to listen."

Thank you so much for your support

Thank you so much for your support. I hope you're enjoying the story so far. Because of the Watty's deadline I need to speed up posting that book so I will try to post three chapters a week instead of the usual two. I hope you're ok with that.

So what do you think about Jaemin's time alone in the Lagoon. Will he confess to Thee-San?

Much <3