5. Love me like no tomorrow

On list of people I needed the least Xiao Dejun was definitely in the top three. That freaking superhero physician who was on a mission to save lives, as many as possible, to be specific. He had also been the only person who had went to senator Zhong and demanded to stop my project. The best part was yet to come, he believed he could use my space technology in a better way. What way? Yes, right savings lives.

"Gentlemen I think there's no point on wasting our afternoon on that conference. We're launching on September 24th so be ready." I got up nodding my head.

Hendery clenched his fists. I knew he must have felt like slapped, but I couldn't just show him I'll follow anyone's orders.

"Mr Na come by this weekend for a golf match." The senator winked to me.

"I'll let you know, your private golf course is the best," I tapped his shoulder walking out of the conference room quickening my steps towards the main hall where a short man with blonde hair and round glasses slipping down to the edge of his nose jumped to me.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"I've heard your team has finished the prototype of engine D14GX5510."

"What do you mean?" I froze unable to believe how that news had leaked.

"I have my sources, you don't need to pretend."

"Stop wasting my time." I began to walk towards the front doors when he was hurrying behind me.

"You can use that technology in a better way. This can save millions of people." Xiao Dejun was as stubborn as he was smart.

A freaking missionary family had raised that creepy man into believing he can be some saint.   We had meet during studies, where he was leading a group called "Infinitive Hands" that was doing charity work, giving out extra water bottles to students on hot days or cleaning university grounds each Friday. I could never stand Xiao Dejun, as people like him were causing an allergic reaction on my skin. I had spent my Uni days going on dates with the hottest girls, partying like now tomorrow, having the time of my life with my clique and best friend Hendery.

It was before Hendery had become my secret rival. I guess he was a bit jealous of my prestige sometimes, yet it was raising up my flirt skills to know I can land each girl before him.

"Are you listening to me!" Xiao Dejun cut my thoughts.

"Freaking no."

"You never listen because your ego is blinding you. This will lead nowhere. You're wasting a technology that can be a breakthrough in modern medicine. For what, to launch a spaceship and leave the known universe?"

I shook my head, really if not some Blue Birds than a freaking self named prophet and world-healer.

"Stop and leave." I hissed.

"Take this." Xiao Dejun stretched some papers my way.

"What's that?"

"My research, if you'll give yourself an hour to read over that, you'll understand how that technology can save people."

I sighed taking the papers to get rid of him walking out towards the car when Lucas stepped between me and Xiao Dejun.

"In case you change your mind you know where to find me!" Shouted Xiao Dejun but I ignored hiding in the car.

"Love me like no tomooorrrooowww!"

An edgy superstar wannabe was shouting her throat out to entertain the party guests. The whole observatory has been changed into a club, it was a museum anyway, of ways people have been using to watch the stars. Back in the day me and grandfather had used to come here while he was telling me about each galaxy and constellation, dreaming to discover what's beyond. Now I was closer than any human has ever been to conquer Outer Space. In two months like Columbus setting off across the ocean we will take off.

"How are you enjoying my dancers." Hendery placed his arm around me pointing at the girls in transparent clothes movies like professional ballerinas on balconies along the room. "You can have any of them exclusively for tonight, or have them all." Hendery raised his brow when my gaze rested on Thee-San who was bouncing to the beat with a champagne glass. Sometimes I believed she was just a lonely girl with a soft relationship to alcohol.

"Is it so serious?" Hendery must have noticed my gaze.

"Come on. I'm not doing dating."

"I haven't seen you looking that way at anyone since Renjun..."

I turned around leaving the ballroom quickly.

"Jaemin! Jaemin! Dude I'm sorry for mentioning it." Hendery caught up to me.

Th balconies of the observatory from white polished stone were a place where you could see the whole city and further, the massive black ocean reaching horizon.

"So, how far have things gone between you and her." Hendery combed over the messy curls nervously.

"We're hooking up, whenever I have a free night."

Was my voice unconvincing and dry. Definitely as after years of pretending I'm ok Renjun's pretty face came back in a flash.

My first freaking love, the one who I became that close with for the very first time. My first heartbreak and I made sure it had stayed my only heartbreak.

"Sweet boss... oh Mr Hendery." Thee-San came on the balcony.

The long navy blue dress so elegant around her posture, her blonde hair pinned up into a stylish bun.

"Enjoy the night, both of you." Hendery grinned leaving inside when I was looking at the woman I have been asking to date in my mind for at least about a hundred times by now.

"Give me a few minutes." I muttered.

"Are we going to stay here or go to yours? I have been missing you last night."

"We will go to mine. I just need a short breather."

"Ok, I'll wait sweet boss." She turned around leaving me all alone with just that magnificent view.

The sky still remained starless. It was because of the huge satellites I have launched three years ago that were supposed to create a field which will push out the spacecraft giving it necessary speed. So The Lagoon was just the first gate, the foundation, the base.

Why was I thinking more and more about grandfather, the closer the take off date was nearing. Instead of enjoying that last two months of vocation. Living it out to the fullest like in Uni. My gaze fell on the dark hill line above The Lagoon. Were the Blue Birds sleeping now? Idiot there ain't any blue birds. What was he doing now?

Thank you for your beautiful feedback. What do you think about Dejun's idea and Jaemin's reaction to it? What about Jaemin's night out? What will do?

 What do you think about Dejun's idea and Jaemin's reaction to it? What about Jaemin's night out? What will do?

Much <3