Chapter Twenty-One: No Time for Goodbye

Luke's POV

  Shouting, awful noises, and Becca's small scared voice filled the air around me. I wanted to hold on, but the pain in my stomach was beginning to be unbearable. I forced myself to open my eyes, upon glancing around the room it seems to be empty. But looks are deceiving, that and the fact that I can only move my eyes at the moment. I spot Becca's small frame against a wall, starting at something in horror across the room. Her eyes hold pain, and fear.

  Please Lord, I pray silently: whatever Becca is scared of take her fear away, Father let her know that you are here and that you have not forsaken us in our moment of need. Just as I'm finishing my silent prayer her warm green eyes meet mine, at first she stares at me as if she is seeing a ghost then she smiles sadly at me. " Hold on my love.'' She mouths the words, I blink my eyes to let her know I understand, and that I am trying my best.

  I hear boots walking across the floor, and the fear is once again in Becca's eyes. " Well now that he's out of the way, what should we do with you?'' I know the voice belongs to Tuck even before he walks into my view. He's wiping a very bloody knife off on his shirt sleeve, my gut clenches because I'm unsure who the 'He' is that he is referring to.

  " Please Tuck, just let us go. I know he black mailed you all this time, and I will do everything in my power to help you but Luke needs to get to a hospital now." Her gorgeous green eyes look back to mine, " I think he's dying..." She says, and fresh hot tears roll down her peachy cheeks. A cruel laugh escapes Tuck's lips, and he looks at me without sympathy.

  " I thought he was already dead, maybe I should just put him out of his misery.'' He threatens, and starts towards me.

  " NO, Please!" Becca shouts rising to her feet, she touches his shoulder lightly. " Please I'll do anything, just please don't do anything to him.'' Tuck's slimy grinning face turns to look at Becca. He touches the knife to her throat, running it's sharp blade down her chest. Not enough to cut her, but enough to scare her.

  " Well, if you insist on trying to save him it's your call.'' He says in a flippant tone, and forcefully pushes her back to the wall. My heart leaps from my chest, this is not happening. I won't sit back and watch this lunatic rape, and kill my future wife I think to myself helplessly paralyzed. He licks her cheek, closing his eyes and savoring her taste. " Mmmm... you taste so good. I knew you would the first time I saw you.'' Becca has her eyes closed, trying her best not to let me see the fear in them. But I can feel it radiating off every nerve ending in her body.

  Her chest is rising and falling very fast, she looks sick to her stomach but doesn't back down. I admire her braveness, but continue to pray for God to do something that I know is way out of my control at the moment. " You don't have to be like Will, Tuck.'' Becca's gentle voice says. " He was a bad man, that did bad things. But you don't have to be like him, don't you see that in the end he wanted you to turn out like him?''

  Tuck removes his hands, his eyes misting over with un-shed tears. It surprises me, but I actually think he might be listening to her. " Don't you see? This really had nothing to do with killing us, he wanted you to become the same monster that he was." She shook her head, placing a soft palm to his cheek. '' But you don't want to be that way, do you?'' He shakes his head, the tears falling. He clenches his teeth, and I close my eyes taking a deep breath.

  '' You see your right, I don't want to be like him. I want to be better than him...'' He smiles, cracking his neck. My eyes fly open, and I see Becca's hand fall from his cheek the fear in her eyes is stronger than ever. He gives her a sly smile, and cuts the buttons from her navy blue button down shirt. His eyes light up like Christmas when he sees her soft flesh, it takes every ounce of my will but somehow I can feel myself trying to stand up.