Chapter Eighteen: Taken

Luke's POV

   I pulled Becca against me, feeling her warmth and knowing she was safe was enough to push me over the edge. I pulled her back into the shadows and hugged her, " Luke?" She whispered in a frightened voice when I moved my hand.

  " Yes, It's me. We have to get out of here, some guy is waiting for you in your apartment Becca we're not safe." She grabbed my hand and followed me out of the apartment, we clung to the shadows until we reached a busy part of the city. I clung to Becca as though my life depended on it, she was my calm in all this storm of a mess.

  " Oh my goodness Luke I thought you were dead, or something. Oh my gosh look at your wrists, we've got to get you to a hospital like now." She shrieked, noticing the deep lacerations all the way around both of my wrists.

  " Becca we have bigger issues to worry about right now." She gave me a horrified look.

  " Like what?" She squeaked, face growing paler by the minute.

  " Like the guy who took my sister and Alex, was not the same one that's been keeping me held hostage." She looked like she was going to be sick, her lips trembled.

  " Who is it Luke?" She asked, tears welling up in her gorgeous green eyes. I couldn't thank God more in that moment for letting her be safe, but now we would have to find where they took Annie and Alex.

  " I know I've heard the one guys voice before Becca, but he had help grabbing Annie and Alex. I have no clue who his helper was, it has always just been the one guy. I came back on a red eye because I started remembering things, not everything but a lot. Sadly I never could place where I knew the guy that pulled a gun on me, but he definitely knew me before." She nodded licking her lips, and looking around us.

  " We need to go somewhere, that we can actually sit and talk Luke. I promise we will figure out what's going on and whose behind all of this, but if we don't come up with a game plan first it will do us no good to try to find them." I nodded my agreement, and we walked to the nearest hotel. Becca registered us under a fake married name, and paid cash for our room.

  The clerk handed her our room key, and we walked to the elevator being extra cautious of our surroundings. I sighed, and looked down at my still bleeding wrists. Becca's eyes followed mine and the tears that she had tried to hold back started flowing " Oh Luke, what did he do to you?" I shook my head and pulled her into my arms.

  " Shh... that doesn't matter now, all that matters is that you weren't hurt." I said, brushing her tears away with my thumbs. She leaned forward and kissed me hard on the lips, I kissed her back for all that I was worth. This was the woman that I dreamed about every night, the elevator door opened and a young teenage couple giggled at our embrace.

  We pulled back, and exited following the room numbers until we found ours. Becca unlocked the door, and I looked around the hall to make sure no one else was around before shutting the door. The first thing Becca did was look for a first aid kit, when she found it she made it clear that I was to sit still and let her doctor my arm.

  " So what did the guy look like that held you hostage?" She asked, focusing on cleaning my left wrist.

  " He was shorter than me, he had sandy blond hair, and blue eyes I think. I know I've seen him Becca, I just can't place where." I said, running my free hand through my now greasy hair and letting out a sigh of frustration. She stopped cleaning my wrist, and walked over to her purse.

  She got out her cell phone, and seemed to be scrolling through it for something. " Is this the guy?" She asked holding up her phone with a shaky hand. It was a picture of Becca and the same guy with his arm draped around her shoulders. They appeared to be at some kind of party together.