Chapter Four: The Morning After

Luke's POV

I watched Becca, throw up for most of the night. When she had finally passed out on the bathroom floor, I carried her to the bed praying she was finished throwing up for the night. She woke up for just a few minutes, promising to go through with what I'd ask her to at the bar. I smiled now, watching her sleeping so peacefully. Boy was she ever going to have a hangover from hell in the morning.

At six o'clock in the morning, I snuck out of her room. I was trying to be careful, not that I minded people seeing me with Becca, but I didn't want to give her a bad reputation. I mean how would it look to you if you saw someone carrying a drunken girl to their room in the middle of the night, and then emerge at six o'clock in the morning? Not a very nice picture.

I sighed, walking the short distance to my new apartment building. What if she decided to change her mind when she woke up? I regretted even asking her to meet me at the bar last night, especially after the almost kiss we'd shared. I thought back to taking her shoes off, and the look that was in her eyes

I had been fumbling with the stupid straps trying my damnedest to get the stupid things off, I mean really how did women ever get dressed having to deal with something so aggravating? I shook my head, going back to my original thoughts. The room was dimly lit, and touching her soft ankles were already having an affect on me, if you catch my drift.

Anyway, when I finally finished getting the shoes off and looked up I saw.... what had I seen? Lust? Or was it something much stronger than that? I really don't know, all I do know is if she hadn't of gotten sick again, last night might have ended totally different. And for the life of me I couldn't decide if that was a good thing, or a bad thing.

I had really been curious to see what it would have felt like to kiss her, I shrugged, probably like any other girl I kept telling myself. Yet, as I'd watched her sleep, I couldn't help but stare at her beautiful, perfect, shaped mouth and wonder.

I had come to one conclusion, if she went back on our agreement I would probably end up in jail. I felt this incredible wave of jealousy anytime another guy even looked at her, why? Why now? In the ten years that she'd been best friends with my sister it had been easy to ignore her, until now!

Maybe it was the fact that we were both stuck in a new place together, with people we hardly knew. Or maybe it was that feeling of her being the closest thing I had to my real home, either way I was digging myself in deeper and deeper with her. In my heart I knew it would only be a matter of time before I wouldn't just want to kiss her, I would need to kiss her.

I walked up the steps to my apartment and sighed, before letting myself in. I had already been through this once with Olivia. I had cared deeply about her, only to be used and thrown away for someone I had considered a friend. Randy had been dating my sister for a year, before Olivia and I had even got together.

I had considered him a good friend, until I'd received Annie's phone call. I opened the door to my one bedroom apartment, and crashed on my bed. That day had changed me, I still was loving toward my family, but I was a cold bitter man now. In my eyes no one could be trusted, not even Becca.

I tried clearing my head from all the disconcerting thoughts I'd been having lately, and let the familiar feeling of sleep wash over me. Becca's face was the last thing my mind registered, and so, Becca's face haunted my dreams the whole time I tried to sleep.

Becca's POV

" Ugh", I groaned. I tried sitting up in the bed, whoa bad idea Becca. The room started spinning, and my head felt like it was inside of a fish tank. I looked around, what had happened last night? I knew I had met Luke at the bar, but aside from our usual banter I couldn't remember much else.