Chapter Six: A Fake Date

Becca's POV

I sat rigidly at my desk, going over our newest client's folder. It was now Wednesday, and Luke and I had avoided each other as much as possible since our kiss. Oh my gosh the things that kiss had done to me, I had stayed up late every night since thinking about it. I had even dreamed about it once or twice, and no matter how hard I tried to push it away I always ended up going back to it.

I sighed, causing him to look up from his paper work. " Did you have a question?" He asked, arching one perfectly dark eyebrow at me. I shook my head, but continued to stare at him. He put his pen down, and gave an aggravated sigh, " Then what is it?" He asked, sharply.

I flinched looking back down at the folder, this was what was hard. Ever since that damned kiss Luke had been distant, and when I had tried to get his attention he'd simply snap as though my presence was a bother. " I'm sorry if I disturbed you, I was just thinking." I said, meeting his glacier gaze from across the room.

He threw his hands up, " Oh for God's sake, what? What were you thinking about? You can't just interrupt a man, and then tell him you were just thinking." He shouted, making me even more irritated.

" Guess what? I just did." I replied, standing. I started for the door.

" And just where are you going?" He asked, eyeing me wearily.

" On lunch, but keep your attitude up and it may be to Will's office to put in for a transfer!" I shouted back, slamming his office door behind me. I leaned my back against the cool wooden surface, and closed my eyes trying to calm myself.

" Trouble in paradise?" Came Rick's questioning voice. I frowned, and let out a small groan. This cannot be happening to me today! I opened my eyes and fixed him with an angry glare.

" Not that it's any of your business, but no, more like a misunderstanding really." I replied, pushing myself away, and walking briskly down the hall. I heard his footsteps close behind me.

" Your right it's not any of my business, sorry." He said, following me all the way to the elevators. "why don't we go get some lunch?" I knew he was trying to make up for putting his nose where it didn't belong, but I really wasn't in the mood for company today.

" Your free to go get lunch, I'm just going to hand out at my new apartment and possibly take a short nap." I stepped onto the elevator, leaving behind an open mouthed Rick.

I collapsed once I was inside my new apartment. I had to admit, Luke's apartment's were very well kept and more high end than any of the others that had been in my price range. Mine was very modern, completely different from the one Annie and I had shared when we were at college.

I was almost asleep when I heard someone knocking, I growled deeply. I waited, hoping whomever it was would get the drift that I didn't want to be bothered. It didn't work, the knocking became more persistent. " Jeez, okay, okay I get it your obviously not goin..." I was about to say anywhere, but couldn't finish when I saw his brooding eyes.

" What do you..." Again I was cut off, as he clamped his hot mouth over mine. He closed my apartment door with his foot, and just kept kissing me. Taking my breath away, and giving me a high. I was completely drunk off his kiss, and surprised. His hands were everywhere, moving from my hair down to my waist and back up.

Was I dreaming, I almost pinched myself just to make sure but I didn't want to ruin the moment. He finally pulled back slightly, letting a moan of ecstasy escape his soft swollen lips. " I've wanted to do that ever since Monday." He whispered, pushing a stray strand of hair from my eyes.

Oh right this was the part where I was suppose to be yelling at him for being a jerk, not rubbing my cheek against his rough large hand. " What took you so long?" I blurted out, catching him off guard. He pulled his hand away, and stepped back putting some distance between us.