Chapter Five: Monday

Becca's POV

  " Hi, I'm Holly Kimble!" A young blond haired woman introduced herself to me when I walked into Will's office on Monday morning. " I'm Mr. Foster's Secretary, he's asked me to show you around and place you with one of our lawyers." She said all this with a bright, bold smile. I liked her immediately.

  " We won't even bother with any floor except this one, I'm not fond of the witch downstairs and from what I heard last Friday you probably aren't either." I let out a small chuckle, and nodded my agreement. She showed me Rick's office, and the conference room, she showed me the library, and last but not least. Luke's office. " And this is our last stop..." She said, adverting her eyes to Luke's closed door.

  " Oh I already knew where Lu... Mr. Miller's office was, he sort of helped me out last Friday." She looked back at me, giving me a skeptical smile.

  " Then the rumors aren't true?" She asked curiously.

  " And what might all the rumors be?" She chuckled.

  " Just that you and Luke are dating, and all the guys need to stay away from you." My mouth gaped, wow news traveled fast around here. Well, well this was going to be interesting.

  " What do you think?" I asked. She quirked an eyebrow at me in question.

  " I think you two make a really cute, unique couple." I laughed, well at least we were giving them all something to talk about. " Anyway, regardless of whether you two are dating or not... Mr. Foster thinks you would benefit better working with Luke, and it just so happens he has some pretty big cases coming up." She knocked on his door, before I could say anything.

  I heard a gentle, ' Come in' and couldn't help the chills coming over my body.

  " Mr. Miller, your new paralegal is here, and ready to start." He gave her a warm smile, thanking her. As she started out the door, she turned back to me. " It was very nice to meet you, maybe we could have lunch sometime." She offered, I thanked her and told her anytime she wanted to we would.

  She left, quietly closing the door behind her. I stood rocking back and forth awkwardly, " So does everyone know about our little arrangement?" I asked, gazing into those oh so gorgeous crystal eyes.

  " I have no idea what your talking about." He said, smoothing his tie. He walked out from behind his desk, " Let me show you what we'll be working on." He was doing what he was best at, changing the subject.

  " Oh, Luke dear." I said mockingly, he turned around and gave me a reproachful smile.

  " Yes?" He asked, through clenched teeth. I sauntered up beside him, placing my hand on his arm, and rubbing it in slow motion. I batted my long lashes at him, and gave him one of my sweetest smiles.

  " I want something in return..." I said slowly, still rubbing his strong arm. I could hear his breathing pick up, and I had to say I loved the affect I was having on him.

  " Wha... What?" He stammered, clearing his throat, and loosening his tie. He struggled to escape my massaging hand, so I used as much force as I could to hold onto him.

  " You heard me, since I'm going along with this stupid idea of yours, I want something in return." His eyes narrowed at me.

  " Are you trying to blackmail me?'' I gave a soft shrug, dropping my hand from his arm, and crossing my arms in front of my chest.

  '' I'm not doing anything, that you haven't done already! I just want your help." I said, he gave me a curious look.

  " I'm listening, go on..." He said, watching me with those brilliant eyes of his. Oh what I wouldn't give to make as good of a lawyer as him one day, I knew he was brilliant. He was only twenty-eight, and had already managed to have a book about law published! Plus in the three years he'd been a lawyer he had never lost a case, which was saying a lot for a Criminal Defense Attorney.