83. Vachan- word of honour

Robert Frost quoted "The only way out is through."

The best way out of anxiety is often to expose yourself to the things you are afraid of. Abhedya received this text on his phone from the one he didn't talk for an entire day and night. She was busy, he was anxious.
Abhedya rubbed his palms and put them on his eyes. A practice he followed since he was a child. Swarnima's grandmother told them first thing you should do in the morning is rub your palms and generate energy. Then put  your palms on your eyes and then all over your face to absorb positivity for the day.

Abhedya was instructed to be ready by 7 a.m. and he was ready wearing a crisp red coloured kurta and white bottoms. Nandini wore a beautiful red coloured saree. It was a pure cotton saree which ladies of the royal family wear during pooja.

Surrounded with cars on all sides Abhedya and Nandini headed to the family deity 'MA Bhawani's temple. Nandini didn't leave Abhedya's hand for a minute and Abhedya found his answers in his mother's touch.

Nandini exhaled deeply when they reached the temple. "Mom relax. We are safe. Good days start." Abhedya kissed his mother's forehead and stepped out of the car.
Guards shielded Abhedya and he was escorted to the temple. Public had gathered early in the morning to get a glance of their future king.

Abhedya rang the temple bell and folded his hands for prayer. A group of five priests came and blessed Abhedya. His family came ahead and one by one hugged him.

"Dude I had night duty but had to get up for this pooja. You better give me access to the treasure for this sacrifice of my morning sleep." Arya made himself clear.

"Is there treasure? Like real treasure? Let's go hunting like old times then." Abhedya gave Arya brotherly hug and both laughed.

Swarnima and Eklavya bow infront of the royal family. Abhedya ignored the bowing down and smiled like a child who found his missing toy. Swarnima could not hide the blush that crept on her cheeks. Arya elbowed Abhedya and he bit the inside of his cheeks to stop that silly smile.

"Kunwar sa please come for pooja. You have to take a bath from Ganga Jal and wear these clothes." A priest instructed Abhedya.

"I just had a bath. These clothes are fresh." Abhedya was surprised by  the priest's demand.

"Kunwar sa, this is a rule. You have to follow it." Priest requested Abhedya and he was escorted by Survang to the bathroom of the temple.

"Dude there's no shower. Just a bucket full of water. Uhhhh!! The water is so cold." Abhedya ran out of the bathroom.

"Kunwar sa, its the water of Ganges it will be cold. But it will purify all your dirt outside and within." Survang explained. He was enjoying the state of his prince though.

Abhedya rolled his eyes and with a heavy heart proceeded inside. He had done the 'ice bucket challenge'. This was just water... cold but yeah.. it was not ice. On the count of 3, 2, 1 Abhedya emptied the entire bucket on himself and shivered and shouted 'mommmmmm'. He wrapped a towel and came out.

"Survang turn the heater on. I am freezing." Abhedya ordered Survang who let out a small laugh and informed, "when you become the king you can get one installed here Kunwar sa."

Abhedya saw the clothes in the room and asked, "what's this? Dhoti? I am not wearing it. What if it opens? I am not giving a free show." Abhedya cribbed wearing his boxers.

"Kunwar sa, there is no option you have to. These priests are very rigid. They may ask you to fast for some days if you refuse to follow them." Survang was having the time of his life.