24. Why so judgemental?

"What the fuck is that?!!! A microchip inside your body?" Abhedya was shocked, would be an understatement.

Before Swarnima could answer, her phone started ringing and she picked it up after taking a deep breath, "hello, no! No! I am fine!! Please don't panic. It just... came out... I felt itchy... yeah I felt itchy and took it out... no Maan... I am telling you, I am fine. Yes! He is with me. No need for any instructions. Please. Yes, I won't go out. Let Arya attend his college, I am not going out. Yes! Bye."

The call ended and Swarnima took a deep breath and leaned to the cupboard for support. She went out and Abhedya followed her. She took out the first aid kit and started cleaning the little blood that came out.

"May I do it?" Abhedya asked and Swarnima nodded in a no. "Please!" Swarnima agreed and Abhedya took the antiseptic liquid and cleaned the blood. "It won't hurt much," Abhedya whispered and blew some air to soothe.

"Do I have the right to know?" Abhedya asked Swarnima.

"It was a tracking chip. When I came here the Council got it inserted in me to keep a track of my activities and for my safety Of course. Chachu said it was against privacy rights so, only Maan had the right to access my movements via the chip. So, as soon as the chip came out it lost connection and Maan got panicked. Now, I think you should go to college. I will stay at home today." Swarnima explained Abhedya and got up to get water for herself.

"I am not going to college either." Abhedya declared stretching on the sofa.

"Why? Exams are coming and you need to attend the classes. Besides, what will Masi and chachu think? You were here last night and you are not going to college as well... no! Please go."
Swarnima told Abhedya strictly.

"I AM STAYING HERE and that is FINAL. Exams I will top this year too, don't worry." Abhedya was firm about his decision.

"What will you do here?" Swarnima asked.

"We will... we will... yeah.. come, I will tell you about my girlfriends." Abhedya teased her.

"At the age of thirteen, you had a crush on a girl named 'Avni' she was two years senior to you. Then there was this classmate of yours who was an exchange student 'Kristina'. You dated her while she was here. Then by the age of sixteen, you had multiple 'flings' on and off. When you got into college you haven't dated anybody after the first year. Currently, you have 75000 followers on Instagram and..."

"Are you writing a biography on me or something?" Abhedya was shocked and embarrassed by the information Swarnima had.

Swarnima let out a small laugh and said, "no! I am not writing but I keep my self updated with the information of people important to me."

"And I do not even know a thing about you." Abhedya was a bit hurt.

Swarnima sat on the adjoining sofa and added, "nothing is interesting to know about me. Whatever was there, you know it now. Okay, shall we study? You have your books and laptop."

"Why don't you have any pictures of your parents, anywhere?" Abhedya asked the question he wanted to know for a long.

Swarnima swallowed hard the lump in her throat and said, "I do not require any pictures to remember them. They are here." She said pointing at her heart.

Abhedya mentally slapped himself for asking such a question so to lighten the mood he asked, "who else is there?" Pointing at her heart and winked.

'It's okay! Relax it's just a wink. Just a question relax! Don't panic.' Swarnima pacified her heart. "I am going to study, my theory is not that good." Swarnima dodged the question and was about to go but Abhedya was quick enough and stood in front of her and demanded, "answer me first."