22. Like hate adore

"Nimrit wait, please." Nivi stood in front of Nimrit and wiped her tears.
"Abhey, I am sorry to say but the not all girls are like that. And MY GIRL is definitely not like that. I am sorry Nimrit. I just... I just got jealous, I guess. But trust me, I never doubted you. You are very, very special to me. And my ideology is absolutely not what you just heard. I respect women and think very highly of them. If you want I will turn into a feminist. Please believe me."
Nivi almost begged Nimrit to trust him.

"It's not Abhedya sir's ideology too. He just wanted to provoke Nivi to confess and he did. So genuinely and honestly to HIS GIRL. Am I right sir?" Swarnima covered the goof-up Abhedya did.

"I knew. I just knew. Abhey could never have such small-minded thinking. If this was your plan brother then let me add, " Nivi took a deep breath and continued, "Nimrit will you give me a chance again, to rebuild the 'little something' we had...to a little more than 'just something."

Nimrit blushed to a shade matching a tomato. Amidst her tears, she just gave a nod and looked down.

"Yes!! Yes!! Yes!!" Nivi jumped up and down and hugged his brother, shouting, "thank you, bro!! I love you!! You just made me do something I would not have done. You know me so well. You knew I will not be able to gather the courage to confess. I am just so happy." Nivi turned around and found Swarnima smiling seeing his happy face.

"Where did she go?" Nivi asked Swarnima not finding Nimrit there.

"You expect her to stay here? She is just a little girl who just accepted a proposal and is now all shy and blushing like a tomato, just like this boy here." Swarnima teased a blushing Nivi.

"I am not blushing. Abhey, come we are yet to greet our parents and guests. Why are you wasting time?" A gleaming Nivi covered up his excitement.

Swarnima followed him when Abhedya held her hand and said,"I... don't know what to say? You just handled everything. I..."

Swarnima released her hand and said, "I did not want a 'cute little something' which was so pure and beautiful to die at the hands of a small, conservative and prejudiced thinking."

"Listen, I didn't mean what I said and you did understand my motive. I do not think any such thing about that girl..."Abhedya was explaining himself when Swarnima showed him her hand to stop talking and affirmed,
"I know, you do not think that way. You are groomed to think bigger and better. After all, you are my queen Nandini's son. But, I also know that your words were directed towards ME."

The party was going in full swing. Adah also came with her parents. All the big businessmen, politicians, professionals in the state registered their presence.

"Hello, Miss Swarnima." Swarnima turned to find S.P. Raghav Dutt.

"Hello, sir. How are you?" Swarnima replied.

"I am doing fine. Can I have a word with you?" S.P. Dutt requested her.
Swarnima and S.P. Dutt came to a quieter area where he told her, "The record files are almost ready. You can start from the day after tomorrow. I hope you can manage between your exams and this. Thank you. Let's talk later we may be, watched."

Both of them left in the opposite direction when Swarnima's classmate, a boy named, Darshan came and started a conversation, "Hey, hi Swarnima. How come here?"

"I teach Nivedya. Mr Singh's younger son." Swarnima kept her reply short.

"Oh! You look pretty today. You should dress more often like this." Darshan remarked staring at Swarnima from head to toe.

Swarnima did not like his way of seeing and replied sternly, "Every day is not a party and I come to college for studying."

Swarnima left from there when Nimrit informed Swarnima, "All sorted. I am happy." She hugged Swarnima.