20. Calm moon, dancing stars

Swarnima left the college early that day. Her life was never smooth but always on the edge and was now on an emotional bungee jumping spree. Abhedya kept pushing her and her quietness and lack of explanations were worsening the situation. She was taught to behave tough and not emotional in any situation. But Abhedya was breaking her walls.
He was building various emotions in her which she forgot existed.
Her love for him was the only emotion that didn't die under the pressure of the rules and mandates.

She entered her house when a message from Nivi popped on her phone 'hey Nim please come to teach me early my parents celebrate their anniversary in the evening and there's a party so... can you come early? We can skip too *wink emoticon*'
Swarnima smiled and replied 'I am on my way.'

Swarnima was in Nivi's room when Nandini came to the room and invited Swarnima for the party in the evening.
Swarnima was confused as to why was she invited as she has to keep a low profile and the showdown in the college already got her a lot of publicity. But Nandini was in no mood to listen and refused to accept 'no' as her answer.

After about an hour when Swarnima was leaving for her home Abhedya crossed her path but both of them didn't bother to spare a glance at each other.
It wasn't ego but that stage in a relationship where you do not know what is the next step to be taken, so you avoid each other.
BAD DECISION because one good conversation can shift the direction of change FOREVER.

Swarnima was at her home when her doorbell rang. She got alert and quickly wore her lenses and specs and opened the door for, Abhedya. She was not expecting to see him neither did he have any plans to come until an hour back. Abhedya entered her home and gave her a packet. She looked at him all confused so he cleared,  "mom has sent this and 'me' for you. So your chauffeur for tonight is at your service ma'am." Abhedya bow in front of her and straightened himself.

"But isn't it too early? I mean there are two hours still." Swarnima asked him and ignored his chauffeur comment.

"Yeah, I told mom the same. But you know what she said....?" Abhedya sat on the sofa and asked for a glass of water.

Abhedya's behaviour was confusing Swarnima. She returned with the glass and gave it to him.
"Sit," Abhedya asked Swarnima to sit next to him and she did.

"Mom said she wanted to see you dress up as you did for the open mic night. She was proud of her choice of 'dress' that night because according to her you looked stunning. She said she always liked dressing you up. Even when we were kids it was her and not your mother who dressed you up. And all these years she has missed dressing you and now she wants to make it up. Dad said he has taken 'permission' on your behalf. So go get ready."
Abhedya was all calm and composed and Swarnima feared the storm that was about to come.
"Thank you. You can go but. I will come on my own." Swarnima said looking down at the packet in her hands.

"I specified I have been appointed at your service." Abhedya was not taunting but said in a serious tone.

"But you have to get ready as well. Have you brought your change?" Swarnima asked him.

"Why is there nothing  in that cupboard left for me to wear?" Abhedya enquired and Swarnima's eyes widened.

"Umm... Ummm... yeah maybe... but maybe not for the party. How do you know?" Swarnima was hesitant. She did not tell him about his cupboard then how did he know.

"Obviously you will never tell me 'anything'. But I have my sources. So, can you open it for me?" Abhedya asked her with hope.

Swarnima was playing with the knot of the packet. She could not decide because the things in the cupboard were special and gathered with love and if Abhedya rejected it, she would be shattered and the rough patch that was there now will never be able to get repaired.