46. Blood relations or Heart connections

Maan's declaration made everyone numb. They did not know what to say or what to do.

"Wow Maan! I didn't know your love was a condition applied one? Who gave you the authority to decide alone? Did you for once ask Tara about it? Love is a relation between two and they together decide everything, how can you alone take such a big decision?
And today, you proved council correct. That dull colours do make me look bad, you obviously will feel embarrassed because of me and my dressing. Fine! I won't accompany you today too." Swarnima sounded broken and hurt.

Maan held Swarnima from her arms and countered, "I will be embarrassed because of you? You are my pride, Nim. How can you even think like that? I only want you to participate just like all of us. That's it. If I ask Tara, she will be more than happy about this decision. I love her, she owns my heart and you know I make decisions from my heart which is her territory."

"Maan, I support your decision. You will get married the day Nim is free from all these restrictions and sacrifices. We will tell Tara's family something like a cover-up." Rudra patted Maan with appreciation.

"Chahu? You too? You know everything chachu... masi please help me. Tell them not to take decisions in a haste. Please don't... I am not that important." Swarnima said the last part in a low voice but everyone in the room heard her.

"I have never scolded anyone Nim but I feel like slapping you right across your face today! This is what you think? I remember when you were born, I told Swadesh my daughter is born. We have always treated you like our flesh and blood, to hear you are not that important? Trust the spirits Nim, Maan has just said that out loud but that is what we all wanted." Pri was a little annoyed but she said what was in her heart.

"Sorry! I didn't mean it that way. Just, I was looking forward to Maan's Wedding and I don't want it postponed. You know the coronation could take six months or a year maybe. Why do you want to wait for so long?" Swarnima was downhearted.

"We are getting late, the discussion is over. Let's go." Randeep said with finality and headed outside. No one dared to question him.

The elders went out and Maan came to Swarnima and spoke with honesty, "Nim, you are precious and I have dreamt of you wearing a pink lehenga with lots of bangles and jewellery on my wedding day, just like you wore on uncle Peter's wedding. The little Nim is what we want to see again."

Abhedya had a smile remembering their Peter uncle's wedding where Swarnima wore a cute baby pink lehenga and looked like a doll. Though she always looked like one. But some days are special. That was the day he kissed her the first time... probably the last time too.

Swarnima smiled and nodded her head.

The younger lot came in Abhedya's SUV. When they reached Tara's house they were welcomed with a rose petal shower and traditional music played by musicians. It was a palatial house and Tara's family came outside to welcome their esteemed guests.

Abhedya pulled Swarnima aside and questioned her, "Maan is ready to sacrifice his happiness for you, can't you sacrifice just a bit for him? How can you be so selfish Nim? You can talk to the council, show them you have the ultimate power. Take a decision now Nim and stop Maan from doing this. What if Tara's family disagrees and break the alliance. Will you be able to forgive yourself? It's just a matter of some baseless, illogical restrictions Nim. Come on, don't do this."

"It's not in my hands. It's for the throne, the state and the promises made to the Queen. The state is mourning in the absence of its heir, I can't celebrate. Maan has made his choice I... tried to change his decision but he won't listen." Swarnima tried to explain him.