3. Bitter Sweet Victory

The results for the best project were due to be declared, today. The top two projects from each class were to be selected and from eight projects the teachers and ex-students will vote for the best project. The votes and projects were both anonymous. No prize for guessing. Swarnima's project from the third year and Abhedya's project from the final year were nominated and chosen as the best projects.

A small ceremony was organised where the teachers, students and the head of SWARNBHOOMI TECHNOLOGIES one of the best I.T. company in India was present as the chief guest. The winning students were asked to run their programmes and brief the audience about them.
Swarnima had developed a mind-reading game where a person was asked to give small and basic details about the person they had in mind and the computer will guess the person on their mind. She received a huge round of applause for the programme.

Abhedya on the other hand developed a programme that could track down a hacker in a record time of 75seconds. He was challenged by his own professors', fellow students but all had to bow in front of the genius. Abhedya received thunderous applause along with hoots and whistles.

The chief guest, the head of Swarnbhoomi Technologies, Mr Rudra R. Singh was called upon the podium to say a few words before giving appreciation certificates to the winning students.
Rudra kept it short and simple by congratulating the teachers and the students for their brilliance and dedication. He especially congratulated Swarnima for her project as he found it very interesting. One by one the winners came and thanked the ones responsible for their success.

When Swarnima came she thanked her teachers and Abhedya as he was the one who found out the error in her programme and corrected it.

Abhedya who was next in line for the award was amazed at Swarnima's guts to accept her fault in public especially when she was getting appreciation for the same. Abhedya took his award and thanked his teachers and parents for their support and cooperation.

When the ceremony ended Rudra came up to Swarnima and asked her if she will be interested in an internship with his company after her final exams. Abhedya reached there and was shocked to hear his father's offer as he had never asked anyone, not even him to join his company.
What shocked him more was Swarnima politely rejecting the offer saying after her exams she had something important to work on.
A shocker three times the intensity came when Rudra told her his offer is open, whenever she wanted to accept it. Abhedya couldn't understand what was so amusing about her programme that his father was going all gaga about?

The day ended with endless congratulations and celebrations for Abhedya. While the other two winners were also busy partying with friends, Swarnima left for her duty.

At sharp 4 she reached Nivedya's room where he was ready with his books. She was happily surprised. After an hour or so when Abhedya and his friends were about to enter his room he heard laughing sounds coming from Nivedya's room so he came inside and saw Nivedya and Swarnima sharing a joke. He smiled seeing Swarnima laugh.
"So what's the joke?" Abhedya asked the teacher and her student.

"You!" Nivedya replied instantly. Swarnima composed herself and eyed Nivedya to keep quiet.

Abhedya looked at the duo and snatched the notebook only to read the concept of molecules explained by joining his name with different girls from his college. Like, one Abhedya and two Kia make water, three Abhedya, if mixed with 10Adah, will cause a chain reaction.

Swarnima thought Abhedya will now be angry but she could see a grin form on his lips. Before Abhedya could say something Adah came inside and saw the notebook. She became furious as lashed out at Swarnima, "How dare you? You ugly nerd. How dare you insult us? You cheap thing. You can't get your hands on anyone so you fantasise porn in your mind? Fine! You might have needs that aren't being satisfied but how could you teach a little boy such cheap things? Fuck! Such a whore you are."