35. Friends ?✅

Swarnima was just standing at the door holding it for support. She didn't react or answer to Abhedya's question.

"Come on Nim! answer me...your silence is killing me. Can we give one more chance to our friendship?" Abhedya was nervous, anxious and desperate for an answer.

"So, you are still the same? Making friends for gifts? I thought you were grown up now." Swarnima tried her best to let the proposal pass in fun.

Abhedya stood in front of Swarnima and shut the door behind. He asked in a serious tone looking straight into her eyes, "it's not the gifts. It's not because of sympathy as you might think. It's not out of obligation and it's definitely not out of peer pressure. I just realised what I was missing and it was you, it was us. I want to recreate us. Nim please, let's give us a chance."

After thinking for several seconds Swarnima answered NO! "I don't think we can be friends again. Not yet. I am a very secretive person and you are very impulsive. We will end up fighting now and then, ultimately hurting each other. I think we are good with what we are now." Swarnima cursed herself bad luck for breaking Abhedya's hope. It was the first time he was asking her something and she was outrightly rejecting it.

Abhedya let out a small laugh, moved back and said, "challenge accepted Miss Swarnima. I am staying at your place for two days until the exams start. If we get through without holding each other's neck... you have to give us a chance and if we end up fighting I will make myself understand that we are not meant to be... friends?"

Swarnima kept looking at him without blinking. Never did she imagine Abhedya would one day fight for them. He was serious about their relationship and wanted to make it work.
"I have just asked you to be my 'friend' not my 'girlfriend'. Stop staring! I know I am drooling worthy." Abhedya put one hand on the door behind and stooped towards Swarnima.

Swarnima pushed him a little behind and said, "if that would happen, trust me I will get one  reason to be happy that I survived."
A little tear was stopped before it could come out of her eye and Abhedya took it on his finger and declared, "I swear! Every moment of your existence will be worth living and you will thank your stars every day for this life."

"Swearing with salty water?" Swarnima asked and smiled with blurry eyes. Abhedya bit his lower lip and smiled, "dramatic much?"
"Too much," Swarnima agreed and suggested, "come let's get done with the project. It's urgent."

"Aye aye captain!" Abhedya replied and they both went to Swarnima's room. Abhedya jumped on the bed.

"Umm... we should work in the living room. It's better there and why don't you get your laptop. You must also tell masi that you are here and might get late." Swarnima told Abhedya picking up the files.

"Get late in reaching home? I am not going home." Abhedya declared.

Swarnima dropped the files and said, "why?"

"I am not missing a moment till the deadline. So, I am calling mom and telling her I am staying here and we are going to my place for diner and I will get my books and other necessary stuff." Abhedya said in one go.

"Mom, hi! Nim and I are coming for diner... you know what she eats... yeah I will stay at her place for a few days. We will let you know in the evening." Abhedya cut the phone and grinned, like a monkey, that is how Swarnima felt.

"At least, you should have asked me? First, you stay at my place, then you plan a diner and you don't feel like discussing with me." Swarnima questioned him.