72. Grumpy v/s cute

"Kunwar sa, the diner is ready." Swarnima knocked on Abhedya's door. No response. After fifth time Swarnima gave up and with a spare key opened the door. Swarnima's eyes bulged out. Why? The sight of Abhedya in 'just towel' would make anyone's eyes come out of their socket.

"I am sorry! I am sorry! Youuuuu were nottt op.op.opening the door so I... I... opened the door. diner is readyyyy sorrryyyy.." Swarnima ran out of the room and put her hand on her heart.
'Bad idea Nim. Never do that again. Bad idea!' She kept chanting it like a mantra.

"I am going out for diner." Abhedya declared.
"I just cooked diner for us," Swarnima said stirring the gravy.

"Too bad. You didn't ask me. Feel free to eat. I have to go." Abhedya told her adjusting his omega speed master.

"Okay. Give me two minutes I'll just come." Swarnima turned off the burner, covered the curry and ran to her room.
In exactly two minutes she came out with a sling bag and jacket in her hand. Abhedya was not there. She ran out and saw his car on the road. She ran inside quickly and grabbed her car keys and followed him. Two cars, speeding on the roads. Abhedya was over 120 and Swarnima kept pace with him. Only when Mystic Grill arrived Abhedya reduced his speed and parked the car. Swarnima followed him.

"Look here, stay away... if you have to keep an eye, keep an eye from farrrrr end, don't interfere." Abhedya warned her and she nodded.

They stepped together but took opposite directions. Swarnima took a seat from where she could see Abhedya. Abhedya was all over the place. His fangirls were jumping on him, complaining about his reduced visits. Swarnima ordered a plate of nachos for herself. She was hungry. But, Abhedya's closeness and cosiness with other girls pricked her heart. Her hunger vanished. The way his hands moved from their hair to their cheeks, to their back, to their butts, to their sides, front, basically everywhere and the same with girls. She did not even hug him properly till date and here these girls were doing just everything. Hating what she saw but she could not blink her eyes, her duty as such.

A boy came and sat on Swarnima's table and laughed... "Hahahahah! look at her... the nerd... Swarnima is eating nachos... at a club... hahaha..." Many boys and girls gathered at her table and started laughing at her. Some were drunk, some were sane and some just followed the group.

Swarnima tried to leave from there but they blocked her way and made fun of her. Swarnima kept looking at Abhedya.

"Oh! So,  'He' is your target. Guys just look, Abhey, our star is her target." One of the girls pointed out and the laughter riot started.

"Abhey, dude... come here... you have a secret admirer come over quick.." a boy called Abhedya.
Abhedya reached there and saw Swarnima surrounded by a bunch of his friends.'

"Abhey, what happened at the quiz? You wooed the toughest nerd... wow!! You are a player." A boy commented and all others clapped in appreciation.

"I don't woo girls, girls woo me! I can't help if someone admires me or is after me. Let's go, guys the party is still on... leave her alone." Abhedya took his drink and left. He hated leaving Swarnima like that but he had to ignore her. He didn't want to hurt his heart anymore.
The gang left laughing at Swarnima and continued their party.

Swarnima called Abhedya around eleven in the night. He rejected her call... calls.. ignored her messages. Swarnima waited patiently for another hour. It was closing time. Only then Abhedya and his friends left.

At the parking, Swarnima came to Abhedya and declared, "sit inside. You won't drive."

"I am not listening to you. I am not talking to you. Don't you get it!" Abhedya got his face close to her and told her. Swarnima turned her face away from him, he smelled of alcohol. "So, you don't like the smell? Too bad! Get habituated with it."