42. Into the woods

"There are no rabbits to play with at home." Swarnima innocently told Abhedya, who raised his brow in astonishment and after a few seconds started to laugh.

"What are you? Hahahaha. You are one dumb girl. You told me yesterday I have a small brain, you don't have one." Abhedya stopped laughing, came close to her and held Swarnima's face in between his palms and said, "if these rabbits make you happy and get this version of you out, I'll make a hutch for you."

Swarnima kept looking into Abhedya's eyes. Why could they not be together like this, forever? It was a moment she could paint with her eyes blindfold. Abhedya was also lost in her eyes. The eye lock was so intense that they forgot where they were and they had an audience.

Maan and Tara were walking in the woods when they saw Abhedya and Swarnima lost in each other. While Tara was in awe of the couple, Maan had an altogether different expression. He knew things were not easy and if their feelings for each other cultivated, he will make sure no one takes their happiness. He promised himself years before to make this happen.
Tara left Maan's hand and went to the 'lost in self' couple. She cleared her throat but it didn't work so she shook Swarnima.
Awkward, embarrassed, self-conscious were some words which could describe the condition of Abhedya and Swarnima.

"I was just checking if something went in her eye." Abhedya made an excuse and regretted it.

"Of course her glasses are not a shield enough." Maan teased.

"Umm... so how was your 'first night?'" Abhedya cleverly diverted the topic.

Maan and Tara blushed and Swarnima widened her eyes at the question.

"Divine! Magical!" Maan said without a second thought. Tara hid her face in Maan's chest. The glow on their faces reflected the happiness they experienced.

"Happy for you bro! We are ready to welcome mini Maan and Tara." Abhedya winked at Maan.

"We didn't do that!" Tara countered in a heartbeat.

Maan took her in for a hug and explained, "He was just joking. My brothers are monsters but my sister is an angel."

"Let's go freshen up and get ready for breakfast," Swarnima suggested and Tara went ahead with her. Maan and Abhedya followed them.

"You bitch! What did you do? How could you spoil my pretty face with mud." Adah shouted.

"That is for throwing yourself on my boyfriend. Stay away! You have no idea how wicked I can get." Aadya warned her.

Adah stomped her foot and went to the bathroom.
"I am sorry Tara! But your sister is very immoral. She tried kissing Arya when he was only trying to help her. It's unacceptable to me." Aadya stated the reason she put mud on Adah.

Tara sided with her saying, "Trust me I would have done worse. She is not just immoral but evil too. I am fed up with her. She self-invited herself here. My mother is blinded by her brother's love and because of that I have to bear with this 'bitch'."
Girls laughed at Tara's comment.

"Wonder, how Abhey tolerates her. Honestly, his act yesterday with Adah was inappropriate. How do you let him flirt like that Nim?" Tara questioned.

"It's his life. He has the right to choose what he wants to do. If he likes a girl he can flirt or do whatever he wants to do." Swarnima told the girls. She knew what they meant but she didn't and could not raise her objection. Did she even have that right?

Adah came out of the bathroom, ran to Tara and cried, "Tara your would-be sister in law is so mean. She thinks so shallow. She put mud on my face. Please complain to your mother in law. She is not a good girl for his 'oh! So' hot!... I mean awesome son."