Koshary Tea - Egypt

"So this is the koshary tea? I heard it's popular in Northern Egypt," you said, looking at the hot cup of drink on the coffee table. He nodded and said nothing else, his dull forest green eyes fixated on your face.

You took a sip of the tea and practically choked. The Egyptian tilted his head to the right, still wearing the same emotionless expression. 'Man, this tea is so not very cool but cool because it's too sweet and the problem is I don't really like sweet things, but if I say that to Hassan I'll destroy him and it'll be rude to say that too- wait I know I think I'm just gonna go to the bathroom and puke in the toilet and after that, I'll just escape from the window, okay? Okay,'

'.....Not okay,' You shook away your thoughts, mentally smacking yourself and you saw Hassan still staring at you with a now confused countenance. "Uh...hi?"

"Is it not good?" he asked. It took you a while before it dawned on you. 'Did I just say that out loud?!' you thought again, mentally smacking yourself for the last time.

He broke his gaze away, staring at his lap instead. "أنا أسف (I'm sorry),"

"No, no, no, no! Wait! I mean, it's really good! Honest! I was just surprised!" you nervously laughed.

"True?"

"Yes, true!"

His lips twitched into a rather small-barely-unnoticeable smile. "شكرًا" he thanked. "Too sweet?"

"Yeah but that's good. Sweet," you stuttered like a dying hyena.

He gave a nod. "Like you,"

. . . .

'I really messed up yesterday! I feel like a jerk,' you thought, sighing. 'It was just tea. I shouldn't have thought it out loud. I feel like drinking that now. I guess I should. Besides, I really wanna see him anyway. Yeah...I'm on my way to his house now. In fact, I'm kinda sprinting there right now,'

You knocked on the door and the it opened a few seconds later. Hassan stood with his usual blank expression. "I was uh...wondering," you stuttered yet again. "May I have a cup of Koshary tea?"