You Belong With Me - Fem!England/Male!Reader

(Song - You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift)

You're on the phone with your girlfriend-she's upset,
She's going off about something that you said,
'Cause she doesn't get your humour like I do.

"Hey,____ is there something wrong?" Alice asked her friend, ___. He and Alice became friends since they were young. Not to mention they were also neighbours.

He was sitting on the bench in the park, looking disconsolated. "No, it's just (girl's name) and I are having a hard time and we..you know.." he explained, his eyes staring down the ground. ____ usually did not seem downcast and he's the type of guy who's always happy.

"We should go home, it's getting dark. Don't worry about it, Alice. I'm fine!" he said, he fake a smile at the girl and they both walked home together, talking about another topic instead.

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night.
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like.
And she'll never know your story like I do.

Alice laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling, deep in thought. She was listening to her favourite song, _____ by the well-known singer/band called _____. It's not a song something (girl's name) wouldn't listen to. She turned around and looked outside the window to see ____.

He was waving at her, and she waved back. He had a smile on his face, though he still didn't get over with his girlfriend's upset. There was a text message coming from Alice's phone and she took the mobile device. It was a message from ____.

But she wears short skirts
I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain
And I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

'Do you think I still have a chance with her or...?'

Alice hesitated. She looked at herself on the mirror. She was wearing a normal white t-shirt with jeans. (Girl's name) was well-liked by the whole school. Moreover, she's a cheerleader and she's prettier than Alice or anybody in the school. She would be the best girl for ____.

Alice texted back. 'Yes, of course. You two would make a great couple,'

. . . .

The next day, Alice and ____ waited for the school bus at the bus stop. When the bus arrived, they both stepped in and ____ saw (girl's name) patting the seat next to her, gleefully smiling, urging him to sit with her.

____ looked at Alice, and she nodded. He gave a small wave and went to sit with (girl's name) and soon, they were back together again, happily talking to each other.

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you.
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see-
You belong with me,
You belong with me?

Alice arrived at school, heading to her locker, spinning the combination and unpacked, putting her stuff in the lockers and grabbing a few books that she needed. She closed the locker and went to her first class, History, the class she didn't have ____ with her.

. . . .

Walk in the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be.
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself,
"Hey, isn't this easy?"

"Alice!" ___ called out her name. He was sitting on the park bench. Alice walked towards him, sitting on the bench beside him.

"So, you have a date for tonight's prom?" he asked. She shook her head in response, her long pigtails swaying.

"(Girl's name) and I are gonna go tonight, want me to help you find a date?"

"Ah, no thanks, I'm okay," she answered.

"I can't wait," he said, a genuine smile plastered on his face.

And you've got a smile
That can light up this whole town.
I haven't seen it in awhile
Since she brought you down.
You say you're fine-I know you better than that.
Hey, what you doing with a girl like that?

. . . .

She wears high heels,
I wear sneakers.
She's cheer captain,
And I'm on the bleachers.
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time.

Alice laid on the bed, sadness deep within her. Her phone buzzed and she took it. There was a call from Amelia, her American friend, and she answered. She's the only girl who knew that Alice had a crush on ____.

"Hey, so what happened?"

"He went with the girl," she simply answered.

She sighed loudly through the phone. "What a dork!"

If you could see
That I'm the one
Who understands you,
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see-
You belong with me?

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll call you later," Alice hung up and rushed towards the door. You opened it to see ____ in a tuxedo, depressed.

"You both had a fight...again?" she asked and he sighed, nodding.

"Everything I do is wrong,"

"Not your fault. She's a party pooper, I assure you," she cracked a joke, making him lightly laughed.

Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night.
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry.
I know your favorite songs,
And you tell me about your dreams.
Think I know where you belong,
Think I know it's with me.

Alice and _________ talked in the room, about the fight. He hugged her, and she reluctantly hugged him back.

"-and I broke up with her," he ended.

"I'm sorry about that,"

Can't you see
That I'm the one
Who understands you?
Been here all along.
So, why can't you see-
You belong with me?

"Do you think that...I'll have another chance in love?"

"Of course,"

"Then maybe," he pulled away to looked at Alice, still not breaking the hug. "I can love you instead?"

Standing by and waiting at your backdoor.
All this time how could you not know, baby?
You belong with me,
You belong with me.

She was flabbergasted yet she couldn't help but smiled at him and nodded. ____ cupped her cheeks and leaned down, pressing his lips to hers in a soft kiss.

You belong with me.
Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me?

You belong with me.