Colours of You and Me - Canada

((that famous au where you see colours for the first time in your life after setting your eyes upon your soulmate))

It's been a week after you moved into another country, Canada. You decided to rent a nice apartment, rearranging things from the boxes and voila! A new life in the bustling city of Toronto.

Sighing, you went out to the balcony, taking a beautiful view of the city and the sunset. You stared longer at it, wishing to see what colours could be mixing into the sky.

Of course, people were born with eyesight, but they weren't brought to this world full of colours. Instead, they had to live their lives seeing everything in only black, white and grey. Well, until their eyes set upon their destined soulmate, only then will the hidden colours burst from their eyes into sight, which sounds really perplexing.

You, on the other hand, spent years up until now seeing the same old three boring colours, which doesn't fully sound like a nightmare, but really, it drives the fun out of you.

Looking down, you see people walking on the streets of the city. You lived on the third floor, so you don't really feel dizzy looking down from a high place. Humming, you smiled, enjoying the company of the city, until, suddenly-..

Your eyes had set on a certain Canadian, and you almost went blind, but shades of red, pink, orange  and yellow appeared in sight, painting the sky with the bright sun which was setting down slowly. Colours poured down the city, with people wearing different creative colours, and the city of Toronto was breathtaking, to put it in a nutshell. You blinked your eyes, taking in the view.

But of course, all this wasn't as important as the man you set your eyes upon. You stumbled back into the apartment, putting on your shoes- oh, it was a nice shade of brown- before dashing out of the apartment, trying to catch up with the man outside.

It felt like wonderland, having just moved into a new country, and finding the future love of your life. A bright smile found its way to your lips as you saw the man, tugging his coat. "E-Excuse me-"

He turned around, and- well, the same thing happened to him probably. His eyes had widened- you noticed his eyes were a striking violet-, looking around and blinking and rubbing his eyes and looking around again before staring back at you, obviously shocked.

"C-Colours... then you must be-"

"Your soulmate," you finished the sentence, smiling wide. "Y-Yeah, well, I just moved in to Canada and.. I saw you- well, nice to meet you, I'm _________," you took his hand and shook it. He broke into a smile, it was sorta cute, before introducing himself.

"Matthew Williams. Well, since you're beautif- I mean-! Since we're here and all-" he cleared his throat. "I could show you around the city if you'd like?" he offered his hand for you to hold.

Cheeks tinted pink, you nodded at the offer and took his hand, letting him guide you through the city, under the sky which was now painted a dark blue, accompanied by the pure white moon and stars.

You could walk around for hours, talking about how lively the city looks like in colours, or talking about your sudden interest in boutiques, thanks to your completed eyesight, or planning to see the rainbow with Matthew soon when you get the chance, even laughing at the fact that Matthew just knew that his coat was red, claiming that he only bought it because of the style.

Stopping in front of your apartment after hours of spending the night together, you both decided to share contact numbers so you could text him and vice versa. Keeping your phone in your pocket, you faced him and smiled. "Thank you so much for tonight, Matthew. I had a great time,"

Matthew responded with a smile, letting go of your hand, which was entwined with yours since hours ago. He chuckled lightly, "I would love to hold your hand a bit longer," he sighed and looked into your eyes. "You have mesmerising eyes, ___________," he complimented, sending a light shade of red to your cheeks.

"W-Well, of course, not as beautiful as yours," you replied. "Well, goodnight Mattie, I hope to see you again soon," you gave him a chaste kiss on the cheek.

Smiling at the nickname, he nodded and waved before walking off and saying goodnight. You watched him disappear into the streets, sighing and walking back to your apartment room, replaying the sweet memory of your first date with your soulmate over and over again through the night.