- can't do this alone

LA, CALIFORNIA
AURORA'S HOUSE

"Settle down, sweetie, there's no escape."

She could feel his hands roaming down her body as screams and sobs of protest left her mouth.

"I don't want to do this," "Stop, please,"

His lips trailed down her neck sloppily, leaving unwanted marks. Her hands pounded against his chest, trying to push him off her. She could hear him shushing her as he did it.

She could hear her screams before he clamped his hand over her mouth. She could smell his awful cologne as his breath fanned against her neck.

Aurora shot up in her bed, running her hands through her slightly sweaty hair. Tears ran down her face as her chest heaved up and down, heavy breaths shaking her. She looked around at her surrounds, letting out a sigh of relief when she saw her bedroom.

She grabbed her phone and looked at the time.

3:46 AM.

Aurora crawled out of her bed and made her way to the living room. She turned on the TV and just watched whatever show was playing, not really caring as long as something was keeping her awake. She couldn't sleep again, she couldn't risk going back into the nightmare she lived now six days ago.

This is how it was every night. Try to sleep at 12:00, nightmare, wake up at some time between 3:00 and 5:00 in the morning, and then just stay awake until the sun rose and Aurora could begin her day.

She's gotten about 7-ish hours of sleep in the past six days. The bags under her eyes were getting worst. It was noticeable that the brunette hadn't slept. Aurora hasn't talked to anyone, Camila, Laura, Colton, Todd, in days. She talked to Daniel a couple times, but only texts or phone calls.

Aurora refused to FaceTime him, knowing as soon as he saw her he would be able to see something was different.

She was different.

She wasn't sure what to do. Aurora had a flight booked for London tomorrow, but she couldn't go. She hasn't left her house since she went to dinner with Camila and Laura the day after the incident. Even then she left the dinner early because too many things were triggering her and reminding her of that night's events.

Aurora knew she couldn't go on that flight. She didn't want to go anywhere alone. She's grown comfortable about staying in her house alone, but she was checking every hour that the windows and doors of the entire house were locked.

She wasn't sure what she was supposed to tell Daniel. She didn't want to tell him what happened, but she couldn't go on the flight.

It was about 9:00 AM now, and Aurora grabbed her phone and called Daniel.

"Hey love, are you packing?"

His voice provided her some comfort, but she felt guilty that she had to do this.

"Hi, um," Aurora sighed. "I don't think I'm gonna go on the flight tomorrow."

"Wait, what?" Daniel questioned.

"I'm feeling really sick, like I'm just not feeling good, and I've been trying to get better the last couple days, but I just-" Aurora rambled and took a deep breath. "I'm not going."

"Aura, I haven't seen you in a month." Daniel said and Aurora bit her lip.

"I know, I'm sorry," Aurora apologized and her voice cracked as she tried to subdue the sob she wanted to let out.

"Darling, is everything okay?" Daniel asked and Aurora looked down, wiping tears from her face with the sleeves of her sweatshirt.

"I'm just not feeling good." Aurora whispered.

"Alright," Daniel sighed. "Okay, we'll give it a couple days and see if you're feeling better, and maybe then you can fly here."

"Okay." Aurora relunctantly agreed before hanging up.

-

TEXT MESSAGES
AURORA & OLIVER

aurora:
i don't know what to do
i was supposed to go on a flight to london tomorrow to see daniel
but now i can't because im fucking terrified of every man that even glances at me

oliver:
it's okay to be scared
what you went through was traumatic

aurora:
im so mad at him. he's ruining my life with what he did

oliver :
it's going to get better
i think you should tell someone
daniel or camila or laura
someone to help you heal from this

aurora:
no
im okay
im getting better

oliver:
you can't do this alone