Chapter 46 | New Boy

~Li's P.O.V.~

At first she seem'd shocked and hesitant. I was scared what she was thinking right now, but she would have immediately have gotten her arms off me if she thought otherwise.

She slowly lifted her head up once more and said "Me too," with that statement said I gave a faint smile. I slowly leaned wondering how her lips would feel on mine as we got closer and closer feeling our breath on each other I got more nervous.

"We need to leave now," I hear someone say and I turned to see who it was. Austin and he seem'd to be worried.

"W-What's wrong?" I asked

"Austin are you okay?" I hear Alice immediately say

"Look guys I'll explain later," Austin said and I felt my hand tugged towards the exist. I looked over to my side to see Alice being tugged as well. We were moving at a fast pace towards the car and we were practically thrown in our seats. Austin only acts like this either if he's being chased by the cops or a buff guy is after him but it rarely happens.

"Dude what's happening?" I asked mad that he's bringing Alice and I in to his shit storm.

"This isn't about me, this is about ya'll so you both better thank me later," he states.

"Wait what?" Alice asked probably confused as I am.

"Alice it would have been helpful if you would have let me known that you dated the guy who practically runs this town," My eyes widen in shock realizing who Austin's referring to. I looked over at Alice and she seem'd confused and a little scared.

"J-Jake?" She asked fearing that he would say yes, but he simply nodded.

"What did he say?" Alice asked. I could already hear the fear in her voice.

"He really...doesn't like you Li," Austin said and I can feel my stomach turn.

"He thinks your trying to hit on Alice," he says and I glance over at Alice and she had the same embarrassed expression as well. Both knowing that we were...about to kiss.

"Was he at the party?" Alice asked glancing back over at Austin.

"Yeah, and he always saw you with Li, which is why he is mad." He states

"He can't do this." I turn over to Alice to see anger form inside of her.

"I'm- going to talk to him," she existed out of the car with that final statement. I couldn't let Alice go out there alone. Jake could be drunk. Possibly even angry at her and he could hurt Alice. I got out of the car as well and as I did I hear Austin curse under his breath, knowing that more trouble will stir up. I caught up to Alice and tugged on her hand.

"I can't let you do this," I say and she turned over to look back at me.

"He ruined another night Li." She said and she looked frustrated. As if I already saw the gears turning in her head ready for her to shout, but in her eyes I saw fear.

"He ruined our night." She said in a much lower tone. Referring to us.

"I-I want us to actually be something." She softly said focusing on my chest, and I smiled just hearing those words.

"Alice I do too but if you go there alone Jake might-"

"This is the new boy I'm hearing about Alice?" I look up and see a guy walking out of the house. I feel my shoulder being tugged back and glance over only to see Austin. I look back over to this guy...who I assume is Jake...

~Alice's P.O.V.~

I knew who it was. After not seeing for weeks, I still recognized that voice anywhere. I slowly turn around to see him stand not too far in front of me. I tried not to choke up on my words and try not to get him any angrier. I looked up to meet his glance only to see his dark brown eyes.

"Jake- leave Li out of this," I say with my shaky voice, but he looked like he already knew what to say.

"You know Alice, if you completely ignore someone for I don't how long. It doesn't mean they just disappear." I started then to feel guilty. Guilty for at least not trying to make our relationship a friendly one.

"Maybe you should have treated her like a person with feelings. Have you considered that?" I hear Li state and I knew Jake would get mad.

"Look Li you don't even know a god damn thing your saying."

"I sure as hell do know just by this situation how you fucking treat her." Li, aggravated, started to slightly walk towards Jake.

"So you think you're better for Alice? Huh?" Jake chuckles as it was some sort of joke.

"Look you and me can leave right now if you want," I hear Austin whisper in my ear. While Li and Jake disputed.

"No. We can't just leave Li here." I whisper back.

"I think any guy here, would treat her better than you did." Li said with anger in her voice.

I reached over to tug on Li's hand.

"Li. We have to leave,"

"Alice you can't just let him control you." He says making eye contact with me.

"I'm not, he's controlling you right now. He's intentionally making you mad." I state

"Oh I see, you think that by arguing with me your going to win her heart. Well check back in to reality, this isn't a god damn fairy tale." He states

"You just fucking moved here. Do you know the people in this god damn city? Do you know how to protect Alice from guys like Ace?" I then tense up. Not knowing how Li would respond. Then it seem'd like he didn't respond at all.

"So you have met Ace huh?" He smiled, thinking the worst with Li's response.

"So have you already fucked him Alice?" He said looking back over at me. My heart was beating. My head was hurting. I was pretty sure if I was alone he would have said enough words to make me cry.

"What the hell! God damn you're her ex! If you fucking loved her, shouldn't you be fighting for her! Not god damn making her feel bad!" I hear Li shout. Jake was stunned at first, but then shook it off.

"She never answered my question." He states. He then slowly walks over to me, but was shoved away by Li.

"Don't you god damn touch her." Li furiously said.

"You have no authority over her," Jake says

"Neither do you." Li states back.

"Anyways," Jake says making his way back over to me. I started trembling. Not knowing how I would react to the words he would say to me.

"It's not like ya'll are dating." He says. I was keeping my focus on the ground.

"What if we were," I say, getting confidence all of a sudden. I looked up only to see piercing brown eyes, glaring at me. What I said could be true. It might if Jake has the right mind to leave us alone.

"I would know. You think I don't know what is said around this town?" He said, making it sound that he knows me.

"But if they were true, you wouldn't do anything about it. I choose to move on Jake. You have to learn that you screwed to many times." I say. With anger slowly starting to show in my voice. I then leaned closer to Jake, that so only him and only him can hear what I was going to say next.

"You've made me suffer mentally and physically. If you really did love me. If all those things you said were true, if your feelings for me do exist. You will suffer like I did." I then back away and leave with that final statement roaming in the air.